Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback And The Lack Of It !!

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Feedback And The Lack Of It !!

Isn't it time to make positive feedback a default after a few weeks.
    The biggest problem I see on here is the amount of zero feedback buyers who buy and then disapear.
    If feedback were posted as say " Great Transaction Thanks " It would give buyers the chance
    to leave their own feedback before it is left for them.
    Just put something on the website that states, " If You Do Not Leave Feedback Within 6 Weeks Then The Default Will Be Positive "

Regards Jack

Default Re: Feedback And The Lack Of It !!

Hi Jack,

I read some reviews and comments left on an independent site before I started buying and selling here. Some detractors managed to twist the monthly charity auctions (YDC) into a plot by members to boost each others positive FB. Imagine the disparaging comments they would be able to make if the site were to award its own members positive FB?

Selling on obay, I know that most of my buyers there used to leave FB, while most on here did not. Now it is about the same low level on both sites. For whatever reason, it seems that most buyers these days just don't leave FB any more, it seems to be less common on all sites.

I understand your frustration, I felt the same after I started selling but still appeared to be a novice seller with only single digit FB after several years. It still is frustrating to know that I've sold nearly 100 items but my FB score is about half that number.

IMO, if The Management want to help sellers appear more professional and reliable, hopefully encouraging buyers to trust them enough to buy stuff here they would do better by following etsy's lead to overcome what is a common problem.

Rather than programming automatic FB into the site's systems, they would do better, IMO, to progam a Transaction Counter that increases with every succesfully completed sale a seller makes and showing on every other listing the seller has.

Simply making buyers aware of the number of sales made couldn't be used by detractors and did give me the confidence to buy from a seller with only a handful of FB Reviews but had completed over 100 sales.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good Idea, the Elench!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioman View Post
    Isn't it time to make positive feedback a default after a few weeks.
    The biggest problem I see on here is the amount of zero feedback buyers who buy and then disapear.
    If feedback were posted as say " Great Transaction Thanks " It would give buyers the chance
    to leave their own feedback before it is left for them.
    Just put something on the website that states, " If You Do Not Leave Feedback Within 6 Weeks Then The Default Will Be Positive "

Regards Jack
    I include a little paper slip in each sale asking the buyer to kindly "Leave Feedback". Some do and some don't. Some of my return buyers don't leave feedback, even when they keep returning.
    I prefer the completed transactions counter option over the automatic feedback option.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would also like to see the number of sales made here.

Yes, I would love the feedback, but seeing that you are having activity on your shop would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Good Idea, the Elench!!
    Thanks, but not my idea. I first read about etsy and their version on here, whoever wrote the comment saying that it was a good way around the site appearing to have so many sellers with little FB despite getting sales.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Well, you're in luck For the first time, for a long time, there's a few publicity items available with the "EBID" logo. I've got the car stickers and am looking forward to buying some professional quality leaflets to put in parcels sold elsewhere, when they're available.

The best publicity is grass-roots publicity??

If for no other reason than it's very cheap!! and doesn't entail increasing fees??
    Last edited by theElench; 1st August 2022 at 07:31 PM.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have been asking for a sales count to be added to sellers page for a while now and I think Madelaine was the first to request it more than 2 years ago, I think she will correct me if I am wrong, but whoever it was I agreed with others at the time but the owners just don't appear to be interested in doing so, which is surprising really as more sales would mean more income for them.

Some new sellers have come and gone in frustration at having no sales having paid lifetime membership, some then go on Trustpilot denouncing the site as a CON because they cannot get their money back, hence it gives everyone a bad name.

I paid my lifetime membership and stick around because "I like to get my money's worth", and no, I don't sell anywhere else, I'm also not on any social sites. I have plenty of items to list because I need to downsize but wonder if it worth the time and effort which I seem to have very little of these days.

Yeh the lack of interest from the owners to make potentially 100 times the profits is confusing and there must be a reason, I have pointed many sellers to this site and they have loved the fee's, ease of use, stores etc but most have already gone due to lack of exposure

As for a sales count - Well I don't see a ton of sales but do enjoy seeing a sale now and then which will only grow as I list more but I believe a sales counter is the least important thing right now! The site needs recognition it's still a non existent site to probably 90% of the UK public and with bills being so high the one thing people are looking for is a saving especially with Xmas looming and eBid has that advantage due to the low fee's VS the big boys but without the site being shown to the public via Advertising etc it will never see the action it deserves.

Not one You Tuber mentions eBid but they do mention *buygumm which is IMO a horrible looking site although I may try it out, however they gave out branded tape etc making them more known than this site and they are only what 1 year old?

I am on my second try here and it has been better than the last time! Hopefully things will be even better

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

A sales counter would be great! <<<------ are you listening Gazza?
    I'm not worried about feedback, no news is good news in my opinion, a sale is a sale.
    As long as PP don't inform me of a complaint, I'm happy.

BTW I had a seller on here purchase an item from me and never left feedback. You would think they know better.

Thread Information