My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback And The Lack Of It !!

Default Re: Feedback And The Lack Of It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post

I would love it if eBid would just make an announcement what their overall view on this site will be.
    The projects they are working and such.

I agree. When the site opened there was a "Mission Statement", someone quoted it in a discussion here.

That must have been written twenty+ years ago and up-dating it might, in itself, be good publicity.

Re-iterating some of the founding principles and giving some sort of agenda for the future would at least give me some confidence that The Management anticipate there is a future for the site. After ten years here and noting the lack of response on many issues, it sometimes crosses my mind that one one day I might try to open ebid and find a "We couldn't find this site" announcement.

I've said before, when replying to threads about proposed improvements, that I'd be happier to be told that an idea is a non-starter because of cost or time factors. Rather than it being ignored. At least I'd know and could make sensible decisions based on facts rather than existing in limbo.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    We can only hope things change since the site provides probably the best functions for Sellers and its actually not bad for buyers. It deserves to be much higher in the ranks and only moan a little because I want the site to be successful otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here for years still using it
    Absolutely!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could start my own sales platform, as I have my own virtual private server, and Softaculous would allow me to download and set up my own sales platform for free, Abantecart, Zencart, Lite Cart, or Opencart on which there would be no fees to pay.
    But why bother transferring 50000 listings to a new sales platform on which my regular customers do not know me?
    I don't mind paying peanuts per sales for the convenience of someone else maintaining Ebid.
    And it has everything I need, except perhaps a basket.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    A sales counter would be great! <<<------ are you listening Gazza?
    I'm not worried about feedback, no news is good news in my opinion, a sale is a sale.
    As long as PP don't inform me of a complaint, I'm happy.

BTW I had a seller on here purchase an item from me and never left feedback. You would think they know better.
    Hi Jan
    I think you will have to type larger,

I contacted support today regarding another matter and again ask about having a sales count figure

While I have your attention, no one seems to leave feedback these days so our feedback total remains the same so looks like we do not sell anything or very little, it has been a topic on the boards recently, is there any possibility of the feedback being changed for sales or having both.

I'm not teccy (that's why I like ebid's ease of use) so do not know if this would be a difficult thing to do or if it can be done but it would show sales are being made and may bring new sales, thus more money for sellers and more money for ebid.😀 this was the reply

Hi Maria,

A buyer is invited via email several times to leave feedback. You also have the option in your ASL, to request feedback from the user. Other than that, there is not much more we can do if the counterparty does not take the initiative to leave feedback.😣😣😣😣😣😣 I give up😖😖😖😖😖😖

"Other than that, there is not much more we can do...."

I was taught that if what you're doing doesn't work, try changing how you do it.

The problem of few buyers leaving FB has been a regular topic on here for at least the decade that I've been here (and before).

It's evident that email reminders (and in my case polite requests included with my "Your Item has been dispatched" entries to ASLs) doesn't work. Neither have increased buyers willingness to leave FB, or even slowed the continuing decline.

A sales counter isn't any longer a new idea, etsy has been using it for years and as they continue to do so, I'd guess that they have evidence that it IS effective and DOES increase buyers' confidence enough to make a purchase.

Just ignoring the question helps no-one.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think one has to settle for the fact that only a percentage of people will leave feedback.
    I estimate about 63%, since I have sold around 40000 items with 25000 feedback.

Ebid sometimes offer evidence of number of items for sale at any one time, and it has never looked accurate. Last time I saw such a figure, it would mean that my listings alone were 2% of the total.
    Again, there is currently a buddy points leader board on display on Ebid's landing page. But compare the leader with 40 points with my current statement of 80.7. Not accurate.
    I think it is technically difficult, not to mention hungry on bandwidth, to maintain a constant calculation across the whole of the Ebid database, so I would not press for sales counter, buddy points or number of items on sale

Name:  buddy1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  20.9 KB
    Name:  buddy2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  11.5 KB
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    Again, there is currently a buddy points leader board on display on Ebid's landing page. But compare the leader with 40 points with my current statement of 80.7. Not accurate.
    I wandered about that leaderboard too, but came to the conclusion that it's for Points aquired that day, or possibly week, rather than who has the most overall.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

I take your point that only a % of buyers will leave FB but it does seem to be a decreasing %. When I started selling on obay most buyers left me FB. Of my 9 sales there this year, only one has left FB.

On ebid, of 10 sales this year, (the last only yesterday so they haven't received their item yet) 4 have left FB.

You may well be right about the technical difficulties of providing site-wide calculations and if that's the case I don't understand why The Management won't say so. Surely it would be better to tell members that it's not possible, than to let the requests be repeated at intervals, go un-answered and create a feeling of being ignored?

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I take your point that only a % of buyers will leave FB but it does seem to be a decreasing %. When I started selling on obay most buyers left me FB. Of my 9 sales there this year, only one has left FB.

On ebid, of 10 sales this year, (the last only yesterday so they haven't received their item yet) 4 have left FB.

You may well be right about the technical difficulties of providing site-wide calculations and if that's the case I don't understand why The Management won't say so. Surely it would be better to tell members that it's not possible, than to let the requests be repeated at intervals, go un-answered and create a feeling of being ignored?
    I did wonder if I phrased my request correctly, read it again and it certainly looked as if I did but they seem to be blinkered as the reply made no mention of a sales counter, did they just read the bit about feedback.

Reminds me of politicians, ask them a question and rather than give an honest answer they skirt around the issue.����������

Thread Information