Thread: Is there anybody there?

Forum Newbie
    Burton On Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View jumiclads's Feedback (+44)
    All-About jumiclads
    View jumiclads's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Is there anybody there?

I have quite a few items on Ebid which I consider good quality and fairly priced for what they are. I have quite a few views but don't get any enquiries at all. I am starting to wonder if the views are real or if my stuff is not as good as I think. Please take a look and let me know what you all think about my store products.

That is if there is anybody there.

I am from the UK too if that makes any difference.

Here is the link to my store https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/jumiclads/listings/

Thank you for any help

Mick

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is there anybody there?

Hi just to let you know someone is reading your posting and make a comment.

1 There is nothing wrong with your products they all look lovely and a lot of work has gone into them but we are in a time when most people are watching the purse strings and only buying necessities and when buying something handmade some do not look into the costs of materials and time to make, they prefer to buy the mass produced Chinese Imports made with slave labour.

2. We do not get the visitors to this site which ebay,etsy etc get and as Google Shopping do not even list ebid on their sidebar if you have never heard of ebid you will not look for them.

3. When people buy on ebid they tend not to leave feedback so it looks like nothing ever sells but management will not introduce a sale number or leave automatic feedback after a period of time. Some say that if seller leaves a feedback it shows that they have had sales, but how many prospective buyers read that.

4. Other sellers on here also have good quality items which are not selling, my knitting patterns which admittedly are vintage but unused hardly sell but when I was on ebay I was selling regularly on a daily basis but that is where people prefer to shop and pay higher prices to combat ever increasing fees, they will even pay more for a copy of a pattern than the original and to hell with copywrite laws.

5 I have a friend who informed me yesterday she was no longer going to do craft work because at her last craft fayre she did not even cover her costs of having a stall let alone other costs involved.

6 Local events now taking place are all advertised and promoted on Facebook etc and if like me, you don't do social media you don't get to know of events taking place then you don't attend, even table tops and car boots are all on facebook etc. Everything is centred around Facebook etc who are collecting your date and selling it on, and a lot of that to the scammers, it's how they make their millions.

7 Some people have had bad experiences with ebid if your read and believe the Trust Pilot reviews and those are reviews that people take note of, regardless, they may have had a dealings with one bad seller but that reflects on all sellers. I feel guilty that I did not reply to a prospective buyer that made an offer on one of my items earlier in the year, the reason I did not reply was because I was not aware of the offer, no email sent by ebid, in fact I have just received my first invoice this month from ebid in I don't know how long, it advised my that I only owe them 3p but it is below the amount required for payment at present, I used to receive these regularly each month but then they suddenly stopped now they have just started up again.

6 Sadly it seems management just don't seem to read some suggestions made my it's members, as for paid advertising the costs can be enormous that is why ebay etc have ever increasing fees, when you buy something anywhere the costs of advertising are factored in, even shoplifting is factored into the costs of your items, so if you see someone shoplifting if you choose to ignore it just remember you are paying for that item, thousands are lost daily with the self checkouts we the consumer end up paying.

Hear endeth the sermon for today

Cheer up things can only get better, but then that was a song Labour stole as it's theme and look where that took us.
    Let's try looking on the Bright Side of Life, Oh well I tried!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Newbie
    Burton On Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View jumiclads's Feedback (+44)
    All-About jumiclads
    View jumiclads's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow what a great response to my post. You have made some really good comments here and I appreciate you taking the time. I will take all of them on board and keep working at it till things get better.

Oh and I enjoyed the bit of humour too.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jumiclads View Post
    Wow what a great response to my post. You have made some really good comments here and I appreciate you taking the time. I will take all of them on board and keep working at it till things get better.

Oh and I enjoyed the bit of humour too.
    Glad to have been of help, did not want you to think you were being ignored, glad you enjoyed the humour, sometimes it is a bit misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by jumiclads View Post
    I have quite a few items on Ebid which I consider good quality and fairly priced for what they are. I have quite a few views but don't get any enquiries at all. I am starting to wonder if the views are real.....

Mick
    In reply to your point about views being real or not.

I'd guess that some are, but some aren't. I usually list something new each week and start a new "Plug Your Auction" thread on the same day to show-case it for a week.
    Views of those threads started out only being viewed 10 - 15 times in a week, over time that increased into the 20s. I've wondered, was it just coincidence that there was a jump into the 30s - 40s at around the time that obay introduced MP in the US? Or when there was another jump into the 50s when MP started in the UK?

I mentioned on another thread, not so long ago, that it looked like the then current thread might break a new record and for the first time break through into the 60s. It did and high 50s and 60s seems to have become my new norm, possibly something to do with the continuing chaos in collectables categories on the other site?

I've also found that a more "interesting" item picks up more views in the first week than the slow increase I'd think of as people just "browsing". As the number of views I get has increased, so have my sales and I think, perhaps, browsers are using the PYA threads as a quick way of homing-in on new listings?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lack of google presence is the killer
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Lack of google presence is the killer
    I think the lack of website awareness is worse, the more buyers that try the site the better but they need to know it exists and I'm sorry but the sellers shouldn't be doing that job

I have had sales this month though so hopefully it will continue

Forum Newbie
    View RogerandOwl's Feedback (+6388)
    All-About RogerandOwl
    View RogerandOwl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Reference views on this site, I went back to eBay as a main selling site having tried on here. The last two sales I had on here resulted in non payers. Viewing figures seemed very good. But sales did not materialise. And as I aforementioned the last ones were non-payers. eBay views seem to be far less than the ones I got here for the same item. Yet those items have sold there and at a higher price. Linked with their 80% discount on final selling fees when they have offers on, normally every two weeks, my fees are minimal on sales. Sales are paid directly into your bank account most times within 24 hours of a sale unless a weekend. I'm not giving up on ebid for I have life membership. But when I get 10 bids on an item which has only had 3 views over there it,s a bit of a no-brainer. Google search also brings up eBay items first. I suppose I had better renew some listings now (winked smiley thingy)

Thread Information