eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Reprimanded By Ebid

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Reprimanded By Ebid

Today I received a telling off by Ebid for directing a buyer away from Ebid to my website.
    The buyer tried twice to pay using paypal but for some reason could not pay here on Ebid.
    They went to my site and purchased and paid with Stripe, a happy customer.

What am I supposed to do when Ebid is not working ?
    I have suggested Ebid should use Stripe as a payment option but it falls on deaf ears.

Very angry at the treatment here.

Default Re: Reprimanded By Ebid

Could it be that the problem was with paypal, not ebid??

Paypal is responsible for causing a lot of buyers and sellers problems by not letting them log in if they haven't given PP a mobile number.

I'm probably locked out of my PP account because I tried to check a payment for a sale here, but after completing 2Step Verification using my land-line for 6 months, I was locked out and told to "Update my Mobile number". No warning what-so-ever. It's happened before -- no mobile number on their record -- access denied. No purchases allowed.

If they were new to ebid, they could have thought the cause was the site, perhaps being unaware that they have a problem with PP.??

There is a thread on the "Auction Payment Facilities" board titled "Paypal Alternatives" which might interest you.

You're not the only one hoping that Stripe (or others) can be integrated here to give PP some competition.
    Last edited by theElench; 24th June 2022 at 06:44 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I'm pretty sure they had stripe here years back or maybe it was something else

Not everyone uses Paypal these days so other payments options are a must now and the more payment options the more sales and more profit for the site owners, it confuses me why nothing has happened for a very long time

I've seen references to PPPay (or something close), but I think that was years ago, before I started in '13.

I'm not at all suprised that PP isn't as popular as it was. It used to be safe and reliable, operating quietly in the back-ground behind many sites and nothing more.

Now it's more like "The Sword Of Damocles" hanging over every transaction its involved in:

Will I be able to get the shipping address?
    Will I be able to check that the buyer paid?
    Will I be able to get MY money to the safety of a bank account to prevent PP freezing it in THEIR account.

If it doesn't happen this transaction, will it be next-time?
    The PP "piggy-bank" with cash just waiting to be spent on-line is useless to me now. Only a fool would allow funds to build-up with PP under such circumstances.

When obay first announced it would split from PP many, including myself, thought it was a mistake and said people trusted PP more than obay with their money. What a mistake that turned out to be.

If they weren't the only integrated payment option here, I doubt I'd still be using them. They've certainly lost my trust and goodwill, along with that of many, many others.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    I'm pretty sure they had stripe here years back or maybe it was something else

Not everyone uses Paypal these days so other payments options are a must now and the more payment options the more sales and more profit for the site owners, it confuses me why nothing has happened for a very long time

At one time there were two other integrated payment options. PPPay and Skrill (previously Moneybookers). I offered all three. Only Paypal was used with any regularity. Skrill/Moneybookers was used occasionally. I cannot remember anyone paying by PPPay. I think buyers feel secure using Paypal because of the possibility of being refunded if things go wrong..

Skrill!!! that's the one

Well fingers crossed somethings change here soon or it may be time to become less active like the last few times

Thread Information