Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: baner advertiing at carboot .markets and local events

Default Re: baner advertiing at carboot .markets and local events

I said earlier that I'd buy one of your banners if I was still able to do boot-fairs.

Have you thought about a smaller "car sized" version?

I can't do boot-fairs these days but I'd be happy to put something about the size of your picture on the back or side window of my car.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I said earlier that I'd buy one of your banners if I was still able to do boot-fairs.

Have you thought about a smaller "car sized" version?

I can't do boot-fairs these days but I'd be happy to put something about the size of your picture on the back or side window of my car.
    I have had a 'car sized' version on the back window of my car for years (printed by a regular forum member).
    There has not been one enquiry either from a car boot - which I do twice a week - or in a car park.

Isn't that one of the imponderables of advertising? No-one can ever really be sure if their advert is effective or not?

How many people over the years saw your ad. and looked at ebid when they got home? They might even have bought something from you or another seller without ever mentioning the ad. These days, with most people carrying mobiles, they can take a photo or store the info. on it in other ways. The majority of my buyers are making their first purchase on ebid but I have no idea how they found me here. I assume many come from google shopping, I know that a few are the result of a note in an obay parcel.

I didn't know that a car sized version was ever available, perhaps they still are? If not I'd buy one from the OP. From the way advertising works it seems that the advertising industry recognises that one ad. will do little, many ads. spread over a large area works better. Repeating them at intervals works better still.

No offence meant but your one ad. can't influence many people but if they spot the same ad. randomly in several cars and different venues the impact would be greater?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Absolutely true - I have no idea how many people saw my little sticker and subsequently visited the site.

Mine was purchased many years ago and has the old colour logo.

I know I have mentioned this before, but why has there never been, say, a 24 hour huge price reduction? I was an active member on eBay's old Books Board, and a member posted eBid's lifetime fee reduction: £14.99!!!!! Many of us swooped on that deal before eBay removed it

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rpmworld View Post
    hi all
    i do carboots and stalls etc
    very few buyers have heard of ebid at ground level
    lets change that together

Looking for members interested in buying a 2020 Best Value Online Auction Site Award ebid banner
    with or without custom QR code
    place in front of table and get ebid and your store noticed
    qr code defaults to ebid or custom qr code vinyl sticker added which directs them to your ebid store

estimated pvc banner with delivery £30 plus added qr £38

banner size W150xH50cm with eyelets
    just idea nothing finalised yet
    price cheaper the more members interested

interested parties message me or if admin want to sub cost with sponsorship etc
    I do the odd boot fair, and just like at a Post Card Fair, I put an eBid leaflet in with the sales I make there. Often I explain what eBid is all about too.

A banner like you propose should be created 'oficially' with correct branding through eBid and sold by them at discounted price to members.

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Isn't that one of the imponderables of advertising? No-one can ever really be sure if their advert is effective or not?

How many people over the years saw your ad. and looked at ebid when they got home? They might even have bought something from you or another seller without ever mentioning the ad. These days, with most people carrying mobiles, they can take a photo or store the info. on it in other ways. The majority of my buyers are making their first purchase on ebid but I have no idea how they found me here. I assume many come from google shopping, I know that a few are the result of a note in an obay parcel.

I didn't know that a car sized version was ever available, perhaps they still are? If not I'd buy one from the OP. From the way advertising works it seems that the advertising industry recognises that one ad. will do little, many ads. spread over a large area works better. Repeating them at intervals works better still.

No offence meant but your one ad. can't influence many people but if they spot the same ad. randomly in several cars and different venues the impact would be greater?
    yes agree its of more impact if every member put one smaller sticker on rear window with ebid logo showing they call it subliminal advertising me thinks
    mabe a car sticker is the answer in reality

Put me down for one when you get the preliminaries sorted out, as @20sent said it would have to be agreed to by The Management. The name and logo are probably registered or subject to copyright or similar sort of property rights.

May I suggest that when you have some ready you start a thread on the "Plug Your Auction" board, I think I'm right in saying you can bump your thread every day for as long as they keep selling.

Best of luck, hope to buy one soon.

I'd be up for a small sticker in my car window too...

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    View rpmworld's Feedback (+121)
    All-About rpmworld
    View rpmworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

just an update have contacted support about producing car stickers and packing tape for members and let you know outcome hopefully in the near future.

Fingers crossed you get a "thumbs up" and you'll be back again to let us know how soon we can start ordering them

Thread Information