Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Invoicing woes

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Invoicing woes

Asking Support to look at improving the Invoicing module to buyers.

I consistently get buyers who make several purchases and then pay for them individually costing me more in Paypal fees and I am duty bound to refund their extra postage costs, despite the fact that my listings state combined postage!
    Last edited by 20sent06; 3rd April 2022 at 10:42 AM. Reason: grammar

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Invoicing woes

I agree.
    The answer is probably in a prominent basket feature, common on most selling platforms, but an extra level of technical expertise to implement.
    The issue for me is people who buy now, as I can watch when multiple bids finish and quickly send a combined invoice.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree that there should be an update with a Plug In shopping cart.

I do have in My Notice that shows up on the listings that I combine shipping and to see About Me for instructions.

I'm trying to figure a simple way to explain it to place in My Notice since that section is limited to 250 characters and I tried to place 520 characters. Whooooops!

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post

I consistently get buyers who make several purchases and then pay for them individually costing me more in Paypal fees and I am duty bound to refund their extra postage costs, despite the fact that my listings state combined postage!
    Yes a "Basket" type system would be nice.
    I usually stick a little slip in with any buyers stuff that roughly states "we combine shipping on a requested Invoice before payment is made. We will refund you excess shipping this time only, so please request an invoice next time" or some such wording (Haven't got it memorised in my head).
    But even with having sent that slip out, some return buyers still pay for items one at a time, so I don't refund the excess postage as I've already informed them once, and they still return time after time.

I pretty much only sell on here, but I do purchase occasionaly, as I did so the other week (14 items of the same seller). Now maybe iot's becuase I use my PC to do my buying, but I found the system quite easy, I used the "Buy It Now" button, had a screen/pop-up (Can't remember but thing it was a screen) that I had to click if I wanted to continue, then took me to a page where I could pay, which also had a button for "Continue shopping" or something like that (can't remember if it was just shopping or if it was seller's store).
    Now the bit that got iffy was it did not let me request an Invoice at this point, as it was just pay or continue shopping. so I had to go back to "Bought" column on my ebid, and use the ASL dop-down-menu to sellect "Request an Invoice".

Anyway, that's what I do and what I encountered when buying.
    Again have no clue if it's because I use my PC that made it quite simple or not. Haven't used the small screen of my mobile to do any buying, so don't know how it would work on that.

Hope some of my rambling helped.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I pretty much only sell on here, but I do purchase occasionally, as I did so the other week (14 items of the same seller). Now maybe it's because I use my PC to do my buying, but I found the system quite easy, I used the "Buy It Now" button, had a screen/pop-up (Can't remember but thing it was a screen) that I had to click if I wanted to continue, then took me to a page where I could pay, which also had a button for "Continue shopping" or something like that (can't remember if it was just shopping or if it was seller's store).
    Now the bit that got iffy was it did not let me request an Invoice at this point, as it was just pay or continue shopping. so I had to go back to "Bought" column on my ebid, and use the ASL dop-down-menu to sellect "Request an Invoice".

I use a PC for everything. When I made a multiple item purchase, it was showing that I would have to pay for the first item right now and it threw me for a loop.
    If I would of saw a screen about continuing to go back shopping . . . that would of been nice.

Interesting . . ..

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I came across this thread and it seems that this seller's buyer was seeing what I was seeing when I went to make a purchase.

Continuing to lose sales and customers due to the following
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...t=#post1728988

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Support Team will pass this along to the Developers... :-)

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post

I agree. This can be a problem. A cart would be good
    I think the problem became worse when sellers became able to opt into a requirement to demand immediate payment. If a buyer bought from a seller who had opted in they could think that this was normal on eBid when in fact only a minority of sellers use the feature.

Thread Information