eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay so where do sellers go from here?

Default Re: Okay so where do sellers go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by JanetB View Post
    I read everyone's comments and all I can say is, no one is forced to take part or read certain threads/posts.
    The Kitchen Table forum, to me, is a place to share experiences, whatever it may be and to get to know members on a more friendlier/personal basis plus a lot of learning can be had there as well.
    If you have a certain question concerning buying/selling/glitches and you want specific answers, then, there is a forum for that too.
    Kitchen Table is a part of eBid and shows the world that we are real people with real feelings, problems, successes, failures and more.
    Thanks for your comments Jan, wise words and much appreciated x
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Thanks for your comments Jan, wise words and much appreciated x
    Seconded by me too...

I don't contribute very often to The Kitchen Table but I do look in regularly as it's about the most active part of the boards. I don't think the personal trials and tribulations (as well as the triumphs and celebrations) that make-up the long running threads reflect badly on the site. It is a "chat about anything" Forum and I never feel that I'm intruding if I start a thread about something specific.

What I do notice is that the boards don't present a picture of the site full of complaint and distrust. On another site the boards are often compared to A&E, where members can go with problems, more often than not, problems with that site or its policies.
    Here the image is of a more supportive community and less like a resus. unit for members beaten down by the pressures of selling there.

I don't think that's a bad thing. I'd be more concerned if the longest threads were heated arguments about policy decisions, unanswered questions or how much worse the site had become since the last round of "improvements" or the havoc caused by new or unresolved glitches.

As the most active members chatting about their daily lives with friends are so often the most active responders when questions do arise, perhaps those who are less active should take comfort from there being nothing more momentous to talk about.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do read from time to time of people who join ebid and imagine that they can sell things for more than they are available elsewhere on the web.
    And then, others would like ebid, which is a lean operation, hence the low selling costs, to employ a large advertising budget to drive traffic to the site.
    Well it is what it is, and frankly Ebid is ideal for me.
    I sell at the lowest price I can, and ebid help me to undercut the internet giants and get a steady stream of repeat buyers who come back because of fast service, high numbers of listings and low prices.
    That is why I have had over 30,000 Ebid sales (nearly 24000 bothered to give feedback). Couldn't do that anywhere other than Ebid!
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information