Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Uploading item photos

Forum Lurker
    All-About Merking
    View Merking's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Uploading item photos

I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but it's putting me off listing my items here.

When I want to list something, I have to upload the photos to eBid.

There could be several photos for each item. Each of my items are listed on several others sites too.

If an item sells on one site, I'll have to go to all the other sites and delete that listing. If I recall correctly, if I delete a listing on eBid, I'll also have to delete all the photos manually from my eBid photo folder! This could become tedious and a bottleneck if I was listing 100's of items on several sites.

How would I remember which photos to delete to keep my eBid photo folder tidy?

On other sites, you just press 'upload photo' and there's no folder to maintain.

I haven't sold here before, but if I did, will all the photos for a sold item have to be deleted manually or does it automatically delete from the photo folder after each sale?

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Uploading item photos

Hi Merking

I have never deleted any pictures after the items have been sold.
    No problems.

Now, if you check the FAQ under Selling . . . . https://www.ebid.net/us/help/selling-on-ebid/
    there is a note that says

" Images will be kept within your "My Gallery" section for a 250 day period after they become unused (eg. not being used within a live or closed listing). If you wish to use some images within your listing description that are not being used in the photo section also we recommend not hosting these in "My Gallery". Use a free online photo hosting site such as Snapagogo.com Free Photo Hosting and use your hosted photo within your listing description. "

Note: I don't remember reading the Snapagogo.com part. I wonder if this is something new?

Forum Lurker
    All-About Merking
    View Merking's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Policequilts!

Nice to know they delete eventually.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Merking View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but it's putting me off listing my items here.

When I want to list something, I have to upload the photos to eBid.

There could be several photos for each item. Each of my items are listed on several others sites too.

If an item sells on one site, I'll have to go to all the other sites and delete that listing. If I recall correctly, if I delete a listing on eBid, I'll also have to delete all the photos manually from my eBid photo folder! This could become tedious and a bottleneck if I was listing 100's of items on several sites.

How would I remember which photos to delete to keep my eBid photo folder tidy?

On other sites, you just press 'upload photo' and there's no folder to maintain.

I haven't sold here before, but if I did, will all the photos for a sold item have to be deleted manually or does it automatically delete from the photo folder after each sale?
    After an item is sold, images are automatically deleted after an interval -t ime enough to relist within a month or so, so no maintenance needed.
    I have so many listings I could not manage to delete all sold items.
    I prefer to have alternate images in description at maximum size, so I include an image saved to the web (img src reference), but this is not for the non-techy.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information