eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Non Paying Bidders!

Forum Newbie
    View RogerandOwl's Feedback (+6388)
    All-About RogerandOwl
    View RogerandOwl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non Paying Bidders!

Hi all, now I know I have only a few items on here at the moment. And I'm not expecting massive sales. Indeed in the last three months I've had two! Both who have not ever paid and noticeably they registered on ebid the same day they purchased.I'm beginning to think they are just out to wreck auctions as the last one has now de-registered (The Book People) Now is the lack of on-line paying options on here the problem. I only have Paypal available. Any thoughts?

If there is a problem with people being unable to pay, I can see why this site gets no traffic.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Non Paying Bidders!

Yes. it's annoying when buyers do not pay. There is no shortage of ways to pay although Paypal is the only payment system which is integrated in eBid. You can accept payment by any method which you are happy with as long as the buyer agrees to use your method but you will have to set up your own system. I think that if a buyer is not going to pay it will not matter how many payment options there are. Paypal suits the vast majority of buyers. They feel safe using Paypal because of the ability to recover payments if sellers fail to deliver or if the merchandise is faulty.

Before the change of policy Skrill (aka Moneybookers) was integrated and I offered it. I cannot remember more than two or three buyers who actually used it to pay me. I offer payment by bank transfer including from Europe (until Brexit killed that possibility). I have only ever had one buyer who enquired about bank transfer (from Italy) and he gave up the idea when he discovered the costs incurred at his end.

Paypal is universal whereas many of the suggested alternatives only operate in a limited number of countries.

More integrated payments would make things 10 times better on this site especially since PayPal is becoming less used by certain people

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    More integrated payments would make things 10 times better on this site especially since PayPal is becoming less used by certain people
    I think that "certain people" are mainly sellers. I believe that most buyers are quite happy using Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I think that "certain people" are mainly sellers. I believe that most buyers are quite happy using Paypal.
    I agree with you that most buyers are happy using paypal. I use it for buying on several sites and processing my sales on ebid. I've also had a non-paying buyer here some months ago but have also had to give up on a purchase on another site because yet again paypal is sodding about and denying me access to my account.

You may remember seeing my posts about the difficulties I had logging into paypal without a mobile? That problem seemed to have been fixed when (for a while) I was able to complete 2 Step Verification using my land-line. Recently, sometimes it will ring, but on others it doesn't, so my access is again erratic and unpredictable.

On another site's Community boards during a discussion about photo I.D someone posted a screen-shot of a paypal page that they encountered, without warning, demanding photo I.D and listing all the restrictions placed on their account until they supplied it. Just about everything apart from accepting credits to the account. They won't have been the only one to find their account frozen and useless for buying.

Paypal is becoming so uncertain and less "safe" for many (if I bothered to look at the paypal boards I'd probably find as many complaints about this current excuse for freezing peoples cash as I did when looking for answers re. non-mobile access). With this uncertainty I've cut back my use of paypal to a minimum, in the hope that with less use I will be allowed access when it is really necessary, like paying my overdue ebid fees.

When I was unable to complete my purchase, I did at least message the seller to tell them why and cancel the transaction properly although I was p****d off. Many in a similar frame of mind just won't bother. I'd love to be able to say that paypal was still providing the safe and certain service that it used to -- but it isn't doing that for me now either as a seller here or as a buyer.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also have no mobile because we get no signal here. As I always do my buying and selling from my home computer a mobile would not be of any use for 2 step verification. However, I have not had any problems with Paypal about this. Furthermore I received an email from Paypal earlier this month which stated

Since we recognise this device, you'll stay connected for quicker PayPal transactions.

We may sometimes ask you to provide your password for certain transactions, including purchases from new websites.

I am wondering whether this is an alternative to 2-step verification

Others have told me that they've been using their land-line without any problems. I've even been on to PP CS and been assured that my Profile is OK, I have filled all the boxes with the the right answers and ticks. They've sent my problem to their tech. dept. but after thinking all was OK, I find it isn't again.

I do recall seeing something about "Quicker Checkout" (or something similar) by signing up for some service, but ignored it as tech. companies always seem to be wanting us to sign-up for something new they've just rolled out. Thanks for telling me about it, I'll investigate next time I'm logged-in. Possibly their "recognition" of the device has something to do with it's exact location?? Something I've resisted giving anyone, but if it stops all the problems with PP I would sign-up for that rather than get a mobile -- the lesser of two evils.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    View scorpioman's Feedback (+4704)
    All-About scorpioman
    View scorpioman's Listings
    Forum Posts

How do we get fees refunded for None Paying Bidders ?
    I have entered a NPB response on the item sold but the fees still stand.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

https://www.ebid.net/us/help_after.php

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioman View Post
    How do we get fees refunded for None Paying Bidders ?
    I have entered a NPB response on the item sold but the fees still stand.

Thread Information