Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Total feedback left by a seller?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Total feedback left by a seller?

As fewer and fewer people bother to leave feedback when they buy, could each seller's "Feedback Left for Others" include the total feedback they have left for others? This would show that they have sold stuff! I've just looked at one who had 4 feedbacks (from buying stuff) but had left over 100 for his own buyers.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Default Re: Total feedback left by a seller?

Do you mean on our Feedback Page by the headings "From Buyers" / "From Sellers" / "Left For Others"?

Anything that shows that a seller has made sales must be a + IMO.

If I'm looking at the right place, wouldn't it be better still if all three headings had totals? Even if to begin with the "From Sellers" total might be higher than FBs from buyers.

It wouldn't just draw attention to one sellers sales, it would show that they had enough confidence in ebid and other sellers to "risk" their own money and used the site for both buying and selling? Might also help increase potential buyer's confidence that they weren't dealing with a list-and-run seller?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I think a clear breakdown would be useful.

Whether a buyer leaves feedback or not seems to depend on which category they are buying in (stamps & postcards - yes - knitting patterns- probably not)

My feedback really does not reflect my sales - unless you look at the feedback I have left.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Since I started here I've usually left FB before the buyer, as that's what's advised on the boards, apart from a period with very few sales when I tried not doing so hoping it might give an incentive for buyers to leave their FB. It didn't have any noticeable effect so I started leaving my FB first again when someone mentioned that by doing so for each sale gave a seller an accurate number for their sales.

My FB score is 52. My actual number of sales is definitely 82 (+ 2 or 3 that I didn't leave first for and so probably never left any at all).

That I can't remember exactly how many there were proves how faulty the memory can be. Several times when I've challenged sellers on the obay boards about how accurate they're being when saying they've had very few sales here and they've checked their records, they have confessed that they sold more than they remembered. Sometimes considerably more than their first guess.

Having that information shown in black and white can only increase buyer and seller confidence in the site IMO.
    Last edited by theElench; 15th September 2021 at 12:33 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information