Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anyone know where to find a Swarovski Crystal Catalogue?

Default Anyone know where to find a Swarovski Crystal Catalogue?

Does anyone know where I can find a reliable catalogue of Swarovski Crystal that includes the "Crystal Colours" Collection from the 1990s please. Preferably one that also includes photos of the packaging if possible.

I'm slowly disposing of some of my mother's collectables including a set of bird topped thimbles that I bought her. She also had several others, still boxed (I think given to her by my sister). The problem I have is that the boxes are a completely different design to those I bought and which is the only design I've found where the thimbles are being sold as "Boxed".

Would the different box design make them any more "interesting" to collectors? They do have labels with design numbers of the 9440 000 00(x) series, "Finest Austrian Crystal" and a "Crystal Colours" logo. So I presume they are contemporary and correct.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by theElench; 30th August 2021 at 05:03 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Default Re: Anyone know where to find a Swarovski Crystal Catalogue?

Thanks for the link Police. I'd found the site some time ago and searched through it, but tried again today. As I found before I couldn't find any reference to "Crystal Colours", "Thimbles" or anything under "Birds" figurines.

I think that might be because several times in For Sale ads. I've seen it mentioned that the Crystal Colours Collection was marketed in Europe. In several places on the site they mention that their information will be subject to Regional Variations. As they are US based and connected to the Crystal Exchange of America, a commercial company that is interested in the US market, that's what their info. is aimed at. I'm not a crystal collector so don't know about regional variations but suspect that perhaps these thimbles might never have been marketed in America at all. If so, I'm not surprised that the site has no record of, or interest in the pieces.

But thanks for trying
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thank you very much Madelaine. I can see just looking at the Home page that the site is confirming that the thimbles were never distributed in the USA but they have heard about the "Crystal Colours" collection. Also they've taken photos of the catalogue numbers of each different bird, which will confirm which goes with which box.

I haven't even looked at their archive yet!! I'll explore that when I get back, later this morning. Hopefully it's just what I need. Cheers.

I eventually e-mailed Swarovski. The UK office couldn't help and thought it might have been a promotion / special edition that would have originated in Austria HQ. They passed my query on to them. Was ready to be told that the packaging was not Swarovski original as it seems quite common practice for distributors / retailers to re-box things when they want something to appear unique to them (at least it can happen in glassware). Wasn't so impressed that Austria couldn't verify that the thimbles were Swarovski even though the numbers on my "replacement" boxes were identical to numbers I've seen on their own packaging. Thanks for trying folks.

Thread Information