My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Beware the Jabberwock...

Default Beware the Jabberwock...

In general, this is a very safe site on which to trade. Nowever, I've been caught out here, very neatly, by a trader who is still operative, not that he is doing well. All the names I give will be fictional of course, but I suggest you do the checks I have now done before buying from anybody who does not operate under his own name.

The gentleman concerned appears to be of far eastern ancestry and was offering an item I needed at approximately £20, inclusive of first class post. Of course the item never materialised and he did not reply to my emails. The trader, HookandEyeScam, was dealing under the name Getennything. His Paypal address incorporates the name of the famous "Phoebe", but he is no longer a registered user there. Interesting!

I did a search for Getennything and found that there was a company registered as InternationalGetennything. The MD was the same chap - capital was £1. Approximately one month before my purchase he had applied to have his company dissolved. There;s no more to be said, other than that, as I research more I find other companies in which this dodgy character has been involved. In Paypal he has a totally different name. It is English/American and there are several high profile people with that name. I do not fancy my chances against a member of various UN groups for example! LOL! I am not in desperate need of £20 and I bought a similar item in a local store for £30 as I needed to use it.

Most people are totally honest, thank goodness! All others from whom I have bought here have been impeccable, trading names or not, as they are usually in these forums and we know the real name. But, please be warned and do some checking! Good Hunting everyone!
    Last edited by cambrensis; 10th August 2021 at 10:58 AM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Beware the Jabberwock...

I generally only buy from people I have some history with, or big companies, or via places I know a refund is available. However, we all get taken in at some point. Your suggestion about names, tho......anyone can use about any name and you don't know if it's really theirs, and it doesn't indicate their trustworthiness, anyway. IMHO. Sorry. Did you pay via paypal or cc?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Default Re: Beware the Jabberwock...

I agree about names; that is why I mentioned these forums. As for Paypal - I pointed out that that there he uses a Western name and not an Asiatic one. Hence my crack about the UN...the Western name has many high profile users so he will be equally difficult to pin down.

As I said, I'm not really going to mad trying to retrieve £20. In fact I feel there is a vaguely amusing side to this. Had I checked at the beginning I'd have seen that for three years of the existence of his company, he was using his accountants' address as that registered to the firm. During the last year he'd gone to his own address; that should have been a warning as tracing him as an individual it was possible to see how many times he had moved during a few years; they were probably a series of "bedsits", as the location kept varying, by many miles sometimes!

Thread Information