My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Fake NHS Passports

Wink Fake NHS Passports

I received an invitation to get such a passport today. Of course, it did not announce itself as fake!

I was addressed by name. The email address looks good...nhs@nhs.digi-pass.uk, in fact it checks out as bad! A little further research into the raw data gives the informstion that the domain is obarbuda.com....hmmm! Checking that out gives the name servers as Brazilian...no comment on this.

They ask for your NHS number (hahaha) and to check your ID ask for your mother's maiden name. Hmmm...I wonder why. Now comes the sucker punch - they will charge you only 10p!!! Wow!! A real bargain! Can't be wrong can it, or they'd ask for the contents of your bank account?

Now I have been a bad boy. Because I told you what I received, this action is illegal and I may be subject to prosecution. I am worried of course.

Oh...I am not allowed to reply to them except via the form. I see. So I sent a terse email back and suggested they go boil their silly heads! Yes...it was simply terse and contained no bad language. But I did enjoy breaking their rules!!!

Stay safe!
    Last edited by cambrensis; 27th July 2021 at 03:39 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Fake NHS Passports

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    I received an invitation to get such a passport today. Of course, it did not announce itself as fake!

I was addressed by name. The email address looks good...nhs@nhs.digi-pass.uk, in fact it checks out as bad! A little further research into the raw data gives the informstion that the domain is obarbuda.com....hmmm! Checking that out gives the name servers as Brazilian...no comment on this.

They ask for your NHS number (hahaha) and to check your ID ask for your mother's maiden name. Hmmm...I wonder why. Now comes the sucker punch - they will charge you only 10p!!! Wow!! A real bargain! Can't be wrong can it, or they'd ask for the contents of your bank account?

Now I have been a bad boy. Because I told you what I received, this action is illegal and I may be subject to prosecution. I am worried of course.

Oh...I am not allowed to reply to them except via the form. I see. So I sent a terse email back and suggested they go boil their silly heads! Yes...it was simply terse and contained no bad language. But I did enjoy breaking their rules!!!

Stay safe!
    It's one of several scams running at the moment. Best do nothing except report it to your email provider who will or should have a scam department. Outside of that, there are other places to report it.

Default Re: Fake NHS Passports

Quote Originally Posted by ebidewithme View Post
    It's one of several scams running at the moment. Best do nothing except report it to your email provider who will or should have a scam department. Outside of that, there are other places to report it.
    Yes - fully aware of this. Omitted to say that all such examinations are done in "sandbox"; what was important was the kind of question being asked. All my passwords, family names, "memorable phrases", etc are never in English anyway; that helps confuse the issue. I was on the internet when it started and on this web and others as they came in. I do not use the "dark web" of course! Reporting usually simply helps clog up the system as they do not send these things through one at a time. I have only ever reported once, and that was when I came across a particularly vicious piece of code which looked quite innocent. I suppose I should have added that I get at least one genuine NHS email every week!

Thread Information