eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For Gazza and everyone.

Default Re: For Gazza and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I use Picasa photo editing system - it allows you to recrop and enhance your photos and then turn them into a slide show to add to YouTube - might be worth looking up - I know Google discontinued it but I believe it's still possible to download it.
    I have always used Picasa. So easy to edit and produce good quality photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    I have always used Picasa. So easy to edit and produce good quality photo's.

Yes, it's great isn't it.

All-About metalworker0
    View metalworker0's Listings
    Forum Posts

theelench

Time

it takes twenty mins to make as video (load pictures add effects and then convert to video format) - Twenty mins to upload it and to put the tags and description into youtube editor ....and probably another twenty mins to find a tune amongst the thousands on the the youtube list.

so 1 hour from start to finish .

may be worth it for something that sells for over £30

i think yours would be great coming out of the camberwick green music box and using that tune. done by "stop motion"

40 secs in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsmBFUtMyc
    Last edited by metalworker0; 30th July 2021 at 08:15 PM.

It might take you only that time

It'll take me at least that long just find out what some of the things you mention mean!!

LOL.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    It might take you only that time

It'll take me at least that long just find out what some of the things you mention mean!!

LOL.
    Computer systems and terminology are things which few people know about but think every living being is well aware of. If I have a problem I try to solve by referring to Google but invariably wind up ringing my computer man who will solve it on the phone in seconds or say "Pop it down, now". Not only does he never charge me but regularly provides me with copious bags of bubble-wrap.

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

Here's a tutorial ..she seems to explain it very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu7UUBZX7nU

stop motion is what most animation films are about ..like Wallace and grommet
    if you have a video camera ..you can set it to take 1 frame at a time

Oh with no motorised turn table

You would put your camera into stop motion mode ..take a picture move the object ,

In the case of making your glass items rotate
    You would be taking a picture and rotating the item something like 5 degrees , then taking another picture ..then rotate 5 degrees../.keep on going until you've been around 360 degrees ...and you then have a full animated sequence of your item rotating

You don't have to do 5 degrees ..depends how jerky you want it ...you can see on the cameberwick green video clip the jerkiness of stop motion ...when you turn it a little too much between each picture.

BTW little known fact - the village was meant to be candle-wick green only someone along he way made a mistake with the spelling and it ended up as camberwick

all the best....mark
    Last edited by metalworker0; 31st July 2021 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I use Picasa photo editing system - it allows you to recrop and enhance your photos and then turn them into a slide show to add to YouTube - might be worth looking up - I know Google discontinued it but I believe it's still possible to download it.
    Going back to the posts about photos that I meant to reply to yesterday.

I use W10 > Pictures, it's built in. "Pictures" is a bit of a misnomer these days as they've added all kinds of whistles and bells to what originally was Photo Library - a filing system. There are several bits that are for making videos that I've only looked on as a menace until @metalworker0 mentioned the U-Tube possibilities. (Regularly the updates to the bits I don't use seem to require alterations to basics of up-loading to the filing system which make my system more difficult).

I use it to re-size, crop and enhance, I might find using Pictures easier than down-loading new stuff that I'm unfamiliar with, then I've only got to learn about getting it onto U-Tube.

@ebidewithme.

I agree with your comments on the difficulties of photographing glass. My particular bane is Frosted Glass (particularly pink). Bearing in mind that my equipment is a basic camera and my lighting is either sunlight (sometimes + mirrors) and a desk-lamp, any tips to get clearer pictures would be welcome
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

CLEARER PICTURES

just take lots of them at different distances, you'll sometimes find that stepping back and zooming in is better than taking it at a fixed setting.
    with shiny objects that i want to show off the shine ..i get the into a position were i can see that happening ..or move the item to a place that does that ..to get the wet look shine the light has to hit the item at 45 to 90 degrees of your camera position .
    as you can see here in the picture below, I'm using light glancing off the surface to show that the box is shiny.
    NEVER TAKE A PICTURE WITH THE SUN HITTING IT DIERECTLY AND BOUCING AT ZERO DEGREES INTO THE CAMERA.
    i always take the pictures outside if i can ..but not in direct sunlight, i use the sun as an enhancer
    and make sure item is clean as shiny shows finger prints ..as below
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by metalworker0; 31st July 2021 at 12:25 PM.

@ebidewithme.

I've spent as much time as I'm going to on for-sale.co.uk

Tried logging-in to the Irish sister-site but my details weren't recognised (as I set up my account on .uk ?)

Sent email to "Contact".

Again their reply said it was not possible to list ads. on the .uk site. I should list on sister-sites and the ads. would be shown on .uk. Presumably, also on whatever site I list them on. No use to me as I don't sell internationally.

I mentioned fees again -- no clarification.

I asked how many listings from ebid sellers would be necessary to earn ebid a place on their "Search by site" side-bar. Somewhat ambiguously the reply said they only work with three sites at present. All three .f, that I've never heard of and none of which are on the side-bar.

I'll leave you to explore further. I'll keep the account I open until January and look-in again to see if the site has developed and in what way, if it has.

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    @ebidewithme.

I've spent as much time as I'm going to on for-sale.co.uk

Tried logging-in to the Irish sister-site but my details weren't recognised (as I set up my account on .uk ?)

Sent email to "Contact".

Again their reply said it was not possible to list ads. on the .uk site. I should list on sister-sites and the ads. would be shown on .uk. Presumably, also on whatever site I list them on. No use to me as I don't sell internationally.

I mentioned fees again -- no clarification.

I asked how many listings from ebid sellers would be necessary to earn ebid a place on their "Search by site" side-bar. Somewhat ambiguously the reply said they only work with three sites at present. All three .f, that I've never heard of and none of which are on the side-bar.

I'll leave you to explore further. I'll keep the account I open until January and look-in again to see if the site has developed and in what way, if it has.
    Sorry to say I've done nothing. If you haven't picked it up I had a knee replacement two weeks ago and though progress is good, the pain is still there to a greater and lesser extent and when the pain isn't there, I'm asleep within minutes, 5 or 6 times a day but I still have things to do, two new tyres and an MOT today, tomorrow a phone appointment with the physio people and then the clips removed from the knee then a couple of MOT advisories to attend to. Since I retired, I often wonder how I ever found time to go to work.

Did you only contact them by email or do they have a phone number since from what you say, it sounds like a shopkeeper's window full of ads; I also wonder whether the big boys have a finger in the pie,. nothing would surprise me.

I'll try something in the coming week or two.

Thread Information