Thread: For Gazza and everyone.

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: For Gazza and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    It isn't getting any clearer to me either. Today I can't find my ebid listings that I found before. There are two different types of ads. First, what I would call listings (mostly obay) with captions. At the bottom of some pages there are panels containing "Ad.", that's where I found my listings.

Tried another search for "cloud glass" and again in the "Ad."'s at the bottom of the page is another of my ebid ads. I think they are just "Tasters".

Looked at their TrustPilot reviews, all that I read are from buyers using the site to search. Didn't find any from sellers reviewing how well or otherwise their sales had changed since they started using the site.

Rather alarmingly I found one seller(obay) who was annoyed with the site, they claimed that one of their ads. that they found on the site had had things like "hardly used" or "near new" added which they hadn't put in the original.
    Sellers may not know that a buyer found them via "For-sale" and depending on the route that items found their way on to the For-sale site, sellers may not even be aware of the site; equally it's possible that description additions can either be added to or exagerated by anyone from the lister to the site itself.

Having said that, it has enviable reviews overall.

All-About metalworker0
    View metalworker0's Listings
    Forum Posts

I said how to get the site noticed many times
    YouTube is of much more prominence than that "little" site
    I Will repeat the post that got deleted the other day.

Google Ranking.
    Google works on a system called ranking.

It ranks sites pages according to the links from the site and the links to the site

It ranks sites based on the popularity of the site plus the popularity of the site it links to and the number of links

YouTube
    Right up there in the ranking as regards popularity, ranks high because it’s owned by Google.

The more YouTube videos we have linked to this site the more popular this site will become and go up in Google’s ranking algorithm.
    My videos are not making much of an impact..That is because no one’s followed suit and put their videos on.

This makes me very disappointed with the membership of this site! Who keep on discussing dead loss means of advertising, when I'm pointing out to you the top way The easiest way- and possibly the only way that leads to sales and gets this site noticed!

Videos are easy to make with Microsoft's free movie maker.
    Just load 10 + pictures into it and it will spread them out as pictures showing for 10 seconds each or more as a movie..Also you can add transitions, effects and subtitles to the picture sequence easily.
    Music is best added in YouTube, just pick from a list of thousands of royalty free tunes on YouTube, and don’t risk adding a popular artist or they will have you for infringing copyright.

Some of mine to give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz5jCnRh8kg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1md0Tz44Bjs

Happy movie making

All the best. Mark
    Last edited by metalworker0; 28th July 2021 at 09:56 AM.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

from Metalworker

It ranks sites based on the popularity of the site plus the popularity of the site it links to and the number of links

YouTube
    Right up there in the ranking as regards popularity, ranks high because it’s owned by Google.

The more YouTube videos we have linked to this site the more popular this site will become and go up in Google’s ranking algorithm.
    My videos are not making much of an impact..That is because no one’s followed suit and put their videos on.

Well that explains why ebid is not on the google listings, as for others making YouTube videos probably because some of us don't know how to use the technology or want to, I don't do Zoom, Skype and whatever else is out there, I cannot figure out why when I open up my hotmail account the envelope opens up multiple times when it only used to open once, in fact I am even considering not buying another laptop should this one pack up. I have only been on-line since 2013 and at present consider it a necessary evil.

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

i was just appealing to those who could ..there are plenty here capable .
    I don't expect everyone to work it out ..but you probably only need 10 or more for it to start to take / make an effect.

It's something I'll look into more closely during the winter. Still photos of glass that I take often leave me feeling that they don't do the piece justice. Although I was expecting something a little more flowing before I looked at your videos, I'm sure I could make something that gives the appearance of revolving. Even the illusion of seeing the item "in the round" would be a big improvement to my ads., I think.

The only fly in the ointment that I can foresee (apart from my generally slow up-take of all things "tech"), is U-tube, another conglomerate with its own agenda behind the services it provides? I'm here at all because of obay's attitude to its sellers. PP is now giving me grief and I wonder how much longer I will be here because of that, yet to get a good idea going I'm going to have to get entangled with another one. More "selected content" trying to take-over what I see and do, more God-knows-what infiltrating my computer once it gets a foot through the door.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About metalworker0
    Forum Posts

flowing , well yes i could make a better job of them, to me time is precious ..so that's as good as it gets.

Your stuff would look spectacular on a rotating table with the right lighting .. would sell like hot cakes and you could ask more for it .

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalworker0 View Post
    flowing , well yes i could make a better job of them, to me time is precious ..so that's as good as it gets.

Your stuff would look spectacular on a rotating table with the right lighting .. would sell like hot cakes and you could ask more for it .
    I doubt anything would make it sell like hot cakes, it's a niche market and though there are a lot of art deco collectors (I was one), it is still a limited market; some of Elench's items can't be sold to some destinations because they're radio-active.

Quote Originally Posted by metalworker0 View Post

I'm certainly not criticising your videos, I was thinking of home-made holiday video of moving people!!. Seeing what can be done by taking ten photos and linking them together is a huge step-up from showing the same photos one at a time. Trying to get a sort of "revolving" effect is something I try to do with the pics. I take now, by uploading them in the "right" order.

Like you I never have enough time in the day, which is why I'll have to put this off to the winter when I'll be indoors more, with less to do than now. My lighting is primitive (and sometimes involves mirrors!), my "studio" is a kitchen work-top and when it comes to doing something new like up-loading to U-Tube it could take me hours (or days) to get it right. But it's something that I'd like to try, I can see the benefit to my sales and if it gives ebid a boost so much the better.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I'm certainly not criticising your videos, I was thinking of home-made holiday video of moving people!!. Seeing what can be done by taking ten photos and linking them together is a huge step-up from showing the same photos one at a time. Trying to get a sort of "revolving" effect is something I try to do with the pics. I take now, by uploading them in the "right" order.

Like you I never have enough time in the day, which is why I'll have to put this off to the winter when I'll be indoors more, with less to do than now. My lighting is primitive (and sometimes involves mirrors!), my "studio" is a kitchen work-top and when it comes to doing something new like up-loading to U-Tube it could take me hours (or days) to get it right. But it's something that I'd like to try, I can see the benefit to my sales and if it gives ebid a boost so much the better.
    I think most people don't realise how difficult it is to photograph glass and glazed items, especially clear glass. I long ago sold my collection of 18th/19thC mainly clear glass, took me longer to photograph than anything else but I did learn how to take pics at weird angles and stand on my head. :@

I use Picasa photo editing system - it allows you to recrop and enhance your photos and then turn them into a slide show to add to YouTube - might be worth looking up - I know Google discontinued it but I believe it's still possible to download it.

Thread Information