eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For Gazza and everyone.

All-About metalworker0
    View metalworker0's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: For Gazza and everyone.

don't know mate the way you have worded it

basically that search engine, if you put pressure washer into it ..it would also bring up pressure cookers.
    so no good

I did a search for "art deco glass".

The results that came up are mostly for ads. on obay, with a few for Et*y. But at the bottom of the page were a a couple of my ads. on ebid. Looking deeper, to try to find out costs, I went to "My Account" which shows that I have two 'active' ads. + one that is in-active.

How did that happen -- I haven't signed-up??

I couldn't find anything in their "Help Me" page about prices or fees, presumably I have to create an account to get further information?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    All-About ebidewithme
    View ebidewithme's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kodakfish View Post
    hmm are you describing for-sale.co.uk or the bays search??? :P
    actually I'll take that back - if it only brings up all items with either of the 2 words thats miles better thasn searching for camera & getting results for washing machines
    Perhaps you will be excused from joining.

I've tried to look into the site a bit more and I wonder if it's very new?? It seems a bit muddled and not very user friendly (but that could always be my ineptitude.

Couldn't find anything about how to list an ad. or fees, although somewhere I found "It's Free" in a bubble. So emailed their "Contact". They replied quickly that ads. have to be listed on the appropriate "Local Site". Further reading revealed that although they have a list of country-specific sites but the UK wasn't among them. I thought as I was already on For-Sale.co.uk, I was on my local site??

Will keep the account open to see how it develops, at the moment it doesn't look like it will be much use for me as it seems to be organised around a mobile app.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebidewithme View Post
    Perhaps you will be excused from joining.
    How about as a means of putting eBid up alongside the big boys with the opportunity provided for people to see it and maybe try it?, The problem eBid has is that 20+ years on, it's almost unheard of by the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by ebidewithme View Post
    How about as a means of putting eBid up alongside the big boys with the opportunity provided for people to see it and maybe try it?, The problem eBid has is that 20+ years on, it's almost unheard of by the crowds.
    If you're asking me? One thing I noticed was that if I was searching as a buyer I could set-up a whole raft of criteria to search by, one of which was by sites. I was more interested in how I could add to the two of my listings on Ebid that they're already showing so didn't follow that up, but I will.

IF it's free for sellers to add their ebid ads. and as they say, that can be done in two clicks (on the mobile app.) how can it do any harm? If they get around to making it usable with a lap-top I'd try it.

If it's free for buyers to set-up searches for what they're looking for I'll be trying that too, if enough ebiders add ebid as a site to be searched it could help to get the site noticed on there.

The strange thing (to me) is that I couldn't find any mention of fees for anything -- how do they intend to make any money from the site??

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    If you're asking me? One thing I noticed was that if I was searching as a buyer I could set-up a whole raft of criteria to search by, one of which was by sites. I was more interested in how I could add to the two of my listings on Ebid that they're already showing so didn't follow that up, but I will.

IF it's free for sellers to add their ebid ads. and as they say, that can be done in two clicks (on the mobile app.) how can it do any harm? If they get around to making it usable with a lap-top I'd try it.

If it's free for buyers to set-up searches for what they're looking for I'll be trying that too, if enough ebiders add ebid as a site to be searched it could help to get the site noticed on there.

The strange thing (to me) is that I couldn't find any mention of fees for anything -- how do they intend to make any money from the site??
    Yes, sorry, I must have hit the wrong button, it was for you.

I also find it strange that there's no signs of charges and I don't understand how two of your eBid items landed on the site unless someone else put them there by finding a way. There's no end of eBay listings on there yet I've never seen any mention of it on eBay; strange to say the least.

Do you see them if you search "Art Deco Glass"?

They weren't randomly in with the other results but right at the bottom of the page. Could they be a sort of "This could be your ad." to entice new members?

Will spend some more time on it, when I get some free.

Forum Lurker
    All-About ebidewithme
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Do you see them if you search "Art Deco Glass"?

They weren't randomly in with the other results but right at the bottom of the page. Could they be a sort of "This could be your ad." to entice new members?

Will spend some more time on it, when I get some free.
    I looked for your items when you first raised it but couldn't find them. However, I'm still trying to understand how exactly this site works and whether the eBay listings are put there individually or whether eBay do a mass export of its entire listings to the site. Like you, it's time and, in my case, pain; I'm just out of hospital with a knee replacement and spend much time sleeping, one of the by-products of the surgery.

It isn't getting any clearer to me either. Today I can't find my ebid listings that I found before. There are two different types of ads. First, what I would call listings (mostly obay) with captions. At the bottom of some pages there are panels containing "Ad.", that's where I found my listings.

Tried another search for "cloud glass" and again in the "Ad."'s at the bottom of the page is another of my ebid ads. I think they are just "Tasters".

Looked at their TrustPilot reviews, all that I read are from buyers using the site to search. Didn't find any from sellers reviewing how well or otherwise their sales had changed since they started using the site.

Rather alarmingly I found one seller(obay) who was annoyed with the site, they claimed that one of their ads. that they found on the site had had things like "hardly used" or "near new" added which they hadn't put in the original.

Thread Information