All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default for goldenwonders, ebidewithme, moonwitch

goldenwonders

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  14.9 KB

A thread can be deleted/closed by its creator as well as Management.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ebidewithme
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  17.4 KB

The OP chose to delete the 1st thread and then duplicated it. Thread 2 was then deleted and Thread 3 has now been created but closed so that no-one can post on it until/unless it is reopened. When a thread is created there is an Administrative button at the top of it which is visible to only the creator and Management.

moonwitch
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  10.4 KB

I seem to recall that Astral said his thread was no longer valid after the site upgrade which is probably why he has taken it down?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: for goldenwonders, ebidewithme, moonwitch

re the thread by the same OP - Should There Be Tabs For The Original Poster To Block Individuals From Responding

I think it highly unlikely that Management would deny Freedom of Speech, within Forum established Rules, to anyone on their Forum. Put another way and IMO, no one individual should have the right to select only acceptable posts which support their views/idealism.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    goldenwonders

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  14.9 KB

A thread can be deleted/closed by its creator as well as Management.

ebidewithme
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  17.4 KB

The OP chose to delete the 1st thread and then duplicated it. Thread 2 was then deleted and Thread 3 has now been created but closed so that no-one can post on it until/unless it is reopened. When a thread is created there is an Administrative button at the top of it which is visible to only the creator and Management.

moonwitch
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  10.4 KB

I seem to recall that Astral said his thread was no longer valid after the site upgrade which is probably why he has taken it down?

Thanks Cheaver. Now that you have reminded me, I remember Astral saying that some time ago that the knowledge base he very kindly put together was no longer there.

I thought the first thread had been reported when I saw the copy with the unwanted replies not there but I hadn't noticed the new start date.

One of the things I love about the forums is the wide range of views and the random railings, which I still find amusing.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought the first thread had been reported when I saw the copy with the unwanted replies not there but I hadn't noticed the new start date.
    You were entitled to your time in the real world Moonie

I was a bit confused at first too, because in a reply to the question 'have posts been deleted' the OP didn't explain what they had done.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    You were entitled to your time in the real world Moonie

I was a bit confused at first too, because in a reply to the question 'have posts been deleted' the OP didn't explain what they had done.
    Ironically, this particular forum member is now complaining about others deliberately quashing discussion then closes and deletes threads.

Pot kettle Black?

It doesn't take much to confuse me, especially when I only go AWOL for a nap and come back to find a thread appears to have been stripped of very useful content, like the Youtube videos

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post

One of the things I love about the forums is the wide range of views and the random railings, which I still find amusing.
    Me too - and it is such fun to see relative "newbies" trying to force their views and opinions amongst themselves. Amazingly, none of them ever seem to be able to put their money where their mouth is - they can only try to dominate the Forum with their radical opinions on how best Management could be doing things. I wish I had a £ for everyone who tried this then faded away back into their fantasy world.

Ironically, this particular forum member is now complaining about others deliberately quashing discussion then closes and deletes threads.
    Pot kettle Black?

As far as I am aware there are currently only 2 totalitarian states which are active in the world today - Korea and Eritrea. There are many, many more Dictatorships around the world though. Thankfully, the UK, and this Forum in particular, is not one of them.

What is surprising (or not?) is that folk seem willing to continue to post on any thread which has a strong likelihood of being deleted should opinions/views/contributions not flow in the OP's desired way......

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Me too - and it is such fun to see relative "newbies" trying to force their views and opinions amongst themselves. Amazingly, none of them ever seem to be able to put their money where their mouth is - they can only try to dominate the Forum with their radical opinions on how best Management could be doing things. I wish I had a £ for everyone who tried this then faded away back into their fantasy world.

As far as I am aware there are currently only 2 totalitarian states which are active in the world today - Korea and Eritrea. There are many, many more Dictatorships around the world though. Thankfully, the UK, and this Forum in particular, is not one of them.

What is surprising (or not?) is that folk seem willing to continue to post on any thread which has a strong likelihood of being deleted should opinions/views/contributions not flow in the OP's desired way......

I can't wait to see if they work out what the 'eBid Army Thread' is all about lol

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't wait to see if they work out what the 'eBid Army Thread' is all about lol

Me too!

Name:  happy-laughing.gif
Views: 59
Size:  53.7 KB

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

"....... only yesterday I looked at one seller who has been on her for a number of years, has hundreds of listings yet well less than 70 sales in 3 or 4 years."
    And so the misconceptions flow! lol! This particular "Newbie" looked at some stats and again drew false conclusions......

In my own case, for example, while sales "appear" to be sparse, using eBid I have raised in excess of £10,000 for my own Charity of choice.....

Thread Information