My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Local Pick Up Option for US Sellers

Default Local Pick Up Option for US Sellers

UPDATE: Since posting this, I have learned that there is a "Collect In Person = Free" Option for us BUT it is only available if you use flat rate shipping - not an option with all of our shipping zones and regulations.

This is good to know for the large items that can't be shipped but I'd really like to make ALL items available for local pick up. Being so rural, we have a lot of people who sell from home here that might be interested in expanding their businesses nationwide.

If anyone has found a work around to use it with calculated shipping, I'd love to know.

Could we PLEASE have a "Local Pick Up" option?? I saw several posts about the UK having a "Local Collection Only" option but there is no such option that I can find for US sellers. Please let me know if I missed it somewhere along the line.

I would not want it restricted to "Pick Up ONLY" but let the buyer choose to pick up or have it shipped, depending on how far away they live. I used to do very well selling locally on FB but the biggest problem was getting people to pick their items up or meet me at a designated time/place before I got paid. I would probably use "Pick Up" option on every listing so no locals would miss any items I have for sale. I can't really think of any downside to adding this option.

I would love to promote eBid and my listings to the local community but would need to require immediate payment to ensure the sale would be completed without the hassle of them paying for unnecessary shipping and me having to refund them - no one would do that.

Yes, there is another site working on this now but it has been on my mind for quite a while before I read about it today. I just couldn't figure out how to make it work to get paid for the item immediately without including shipping/handling charges to ensure it would be picked up. I've seen other comments about that problem, both here and in the UK.

I've got so many items sitting here because they are too heavy to ship with USPS prices ever increasing - think antique treadle sewing machines - lol!! Being able to list/sell these heavier items would surely bring more revenue in for eBid???? And I don't see any reason why they would not be picked up by Google Shopping, which seems to be where most of my sales are coming from these days.

Please consider this before I toss away/donate any more items that are over 12" out of sheer frustration over high shipping costs.

Thanks!

Shes

P.S. Do you think we could get it done before the "other guys" do???
    Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 30th April 2021 at 04:01 PM.

Thread Information