Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main picture doesn't enlarge

Default Main picture doesn't enlarge

The main photo on https://www.ebid.net/es/for-sale/spi...-138940645.htm is unreachable, because the address contains "upload_big" instead of "unload_original".

I already reported that the seller didn't make sure images show correctly, and that he dismissed my previous inquiry. So much for "please study the photo’s carefully".

Furthermore, I posted this same text on the listing's Q&A but it doesn't show.

I haven't heard from the team, BTW. I have an offer pending, but other than that, it looks like maybe straying from eBay wasn't such a good idea after all.

PS: my registered email doesn't seem to be valid to get a response from the ticket system. Oh my.

Default Re: Main picture doesn't enlarge

Quote Originally Posted by whateveritis View Post
    The main photo on https://www.ebid.net/es/for-sale/spi...-138940645.htm is unreachable, because the address contains "upload_big" instead of "unload_original".

I already reported that the seller didn't make sure images show correctly, and that he dismissed my previous inquiry. So much for "please study the photo’s carefully".

Furthermore, I posted this same text on the listing's Q&A but it doesn't show.

I haven't heard from the team, BTW. I have an offer pending, but other than that, it looks like maybe straying from eBay wasn't such a good idea after all.

PS: my registered email doesn't seem to be valid to get a response from the ticket system. Oh my.
    Picture comes up fine from my end when I log out of my account and look at the item as though I did not have an account. And I did not dismiss you, I replied to you that the picture was fine.
    As for why the question you asked does not show up on the listing, it is because I removed it as there was nothing wrong with the listing.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

This is what's wrong with the listing, because the address of the image for enlargement is wrong, as stated:

If you could provide the original picture we'd be finished real quick with this.
    Last edited by whateveritis; 11th April 2021 at 03:58 PM.

Just to make sure it's not an OS/browser issue, I tried with OSX/Safari and got the same result than with W10/Firefox.

When yo say "picture comes up fine", do you mean it looks different (larger) than the one showed above?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to make sure it's not an OS/browser issue, I tried with OSX/Safari and got the same result than with W10/Firefox.

When yo say "picture comes up fine", do you mean it looks different (larger) than the one showed above?
    This is an interesting debate. I took screenshots myself to see the result - oddly, the main picture on the listing, to me, is certainly larger than the one you portray BUT the additional pictures are almost miniscule in comparison and barely readable..... very odd..... I hope my pics show what I am speaking of ok....

Name:  qqq.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  3.png
Views: 53
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  444.png
Views: 54
Size:  219.2 KB

Because appearances may be deceiving, I looked at the size of both the picture in the listing as well as the "enlarged" one; they come at 428x428 and 455x455 respectively, but they have the same file name, because (and I sound like a broken record) the address points to the same place.

I'd bet they're the same image and it's just SW adjusted. What size do you get?

PS: actually, the additional pictures are smaller, but enlarge a little bit, not much, just to the size of the main cover.

Last edited by whateveritis; 11th April 2021 at 05:46 PM.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Because appearances may be deceiving, I looked at the size of both the picture in the listing as well as the "enlarged" one; they come at 428x428 and 455x455 respectively, but they have the same file name, because (and I sound like a broken record) the address points to the same place.

I'd bet they're the same image and it's just SW adjusted. What size do you get?

PS: actually, the additional pictures are smaller, but enlarge a little bit, not much, just to the size of the main cover.

If you are talking to me (?) all came in at 428 x 428 - ?because this is the space size eBid allows and not the actual size of the pics themselves ?
    I have to completely disagree with your PS as the additional pictures, to me, were a) totally undersized compared to the main image and also b) unreadable on my PC screen.
    Using Linux Mint 20 Ulyana with Firefox browser.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Opening up each image sizes:

main image 455 x 455

2 page image 914 x 513

Pink image 914 x 513

which I am not understanding as the main image is the largest ! ? !

Well, there are 3 different sizes. From smallest to biggest:

- thumbnails to choose which one to preview
    - preview to enlarge
    - enlarged, to actually look it over

As thumbnails go, the secondary are smaller (because of the aspect ratio) and greyed out (they aren't selected by default).

In the preview, they come to a size labeled "big" internally. Here, the main cover still is bigger because it fits better (it's not so wide).

Enlarged (this should be the originally uploaded image), but the main image remains "big", so it comes from biggest to smallest, among the three photos.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We always show the largest available picture. If a picture is uploaded small then we are unable to enlarge it.

If a very high definition picture is uploaded then we save that and show it under the "upload_original" url of the image when it is clicked on to go to the gallery overlay.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information