Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: More about by-passing W10 "Photos".

Default More about by-passing W10 "Photos".

I was surprised to read that some didn't realise they could up-load their photos in any order, then change the order by moving them around on the listing form. This is called Drag and Drop (D&D).

Is everyone aware that they can also use D&D within THIS PC >> PICTURES to by-pass W10 "Photos" to customise their photo filing system, avoid the Windows default of filing by date and (so far) stop Photos moving your photos into files it creates for you?

Here's how I keep my photos where and in what order I want them without "Photos" interfering.

E.G. To file photos of "Bagley" glass vases "Grantham" and "Wyndham".

Open FILE EXPLORER > THIS PC > PICTURES. Find "New Folder" at top of page > Click. This creates a folder (a DESTINATION) Name it "Bagley".

Using Photos, To up-load photos of a "Grantham" vase. A box will appear to "Change Destination" > Click - this takes you to your folders in THIS PC > Click "Bagley". Up-load photos. They are filed in your Bagley folder. You can re-size, crop, edit and up-load to Ebid listing form etc by opening the folder. To work on individual photos click on it to select and double-click to open.

To make sure they stay where you want them. With the Bagley folder open click NEW FOLDER. Name it "Grantham" > D&D each photo over it and it will move into the folder (and stay there).

To Up-load photos of a "Wyndham" vase repeat as from Change Destination. Use Bagley to get photos to the correct Destination. Repeat the steps to create a "Wyndham" folder, D&D photos to it.

I have 45 folders of Glass manufactures Bagley - Walther. Within each are any number of folders for items or types of item. My Grantham folder currently has three different vases in it. Finding them is much easier than it was when I tried to use Photos. I just open FILE EXPLORER > Bagley > Grantham -- there are only 15 photos to sort through -- all Grantham vases. To sort through the folders within Bagley use the "Bagley" Destination at the top of the folder pages. This can be adapted to file anything in any order you prefer and when folders are empty they are easily deleted.

Hope this is helpful.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: More about by-passing W10 "Photos".

Hey! I'm not stupid! W10 is not eBid's software! I wanted to drag and drop the url box but you can't .
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I wasn't saying you were! I wasn't even replying to you, but to someone else who has had problems with W10 Photos mucking about with their photo files (and anyone else who might have had similar problems).

That's why I answered more fully here, rather than on your "Suggestions" thread.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Hey! I'm not stupid! W10 is not eBid's software!...
    Well,I'm going to admit being stupid! What on earth is w10 photos?

Literally it's Microsoft Windows 10, "Photos" is the App currently used to upload photos and store them on my lap-top.

When I started with Windows 7 there was "Photo Library" a rather basic filing system. Then that became "Live Photo Gallery" which included some editing functions that I found very useful. But over time (and changing to "Photos") all kinds of other things have been added. Like sound-tracks, videos, three-D effects. Microsoft seems to have lost sight of the basic filing idea and I found "Photos" less and less useful for the basics but found it easier to use File Explorer (at the bottom of the page) and by-pass "Photos".

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Literally it's Microsoft Windows 10,.....
    Told you I was stupid! Obvious now,innit.
    Didn't 'upgrade' to 10 from 8.1 & I use classic shell with that so wouldn't have come across any 'apps'.Always used file explorer.

Thread Information