Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: for those who know me

Default Re: for those who know me

can i just warn you the more space you have the more junk you acquire and have no idea where it comes from.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    can i just warn you the more space you have the more junk you acquire and have no idea where it comes from.

Hello Buttons! oh lol! that is so true. The loft has a very inviting mouth!

In the absence of charity shops I am hoping the Council Refurb department will take care of the suite, bed and other items of furniture for the homeless/needy........ hoping!

Welcome back, don't forget the Salvation Army (if they are collecting) I believe they still do community work.

It's a well known Law of the Universe that clutter will increase in direct relation to space available, (in other words it will eventually fill all available space.

Before my last move I lived in a one-bedroom flat with basement for 17 years. A year before I moved I started to clear the clutter. Gave stuff to friends, relatives and neighbours. Did Car-Boot sales every good-weather week-end and every time I went to the town centre took a bag or box to a charity shop, also did regular runs to the dump. I was flabbergasted at how I had packed into so small a space over the years.

I still needed a skip as moving day got nearer and even then had to get rid of more stuff once settled in.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I can understand... we've come to the conclusion that now there's only two of us living in a 3 bedroom house and we're both now in our mid 60s we just might need consider moving into something a bit smaller. And we've realised just what a fearsome task that is with everything we have in the house....

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Welcome back, don't forget the Salvation Army (if they are collecting) I believe they still do community work.

It's a well known Law of the Universe that clutter will increase in direct relation to space available, (in other words it will eventually fill all available space.

Before my last move I lived in a one-bedroom flat with basement for 17 years. A year before I moved I started to clear the clutter. Gave stuff to friends, relatives and neighbours. Did Car-Boot sales every good-weather week-end and every time I went to the town centre took a bag or box to a charity shop, also did regular runs to the dump. I was flabbergasted at how I had packed into so small a space over the years.

I still needed a skip as moving day got nearer and even then had to get rid of more stuff once settled in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I can understand... we've come to the conclusion that now there's only two of us living in a 3 bedroom house and we're both now in our mid 60s we just might need consider moving into something a bit smaller. And we've realised just what a fearsome task that is with everything we have in the house....

theElench - thanks for your welcome. No-one, sadly, is collecting in my area right now.

It is also a well know Law of the Universe that items needed after the move will no longer be available as they will have been disposed of (prior to the move) and after having been stored unused for 20+ years or so!

Yesterday was a milestone - the house and garage are finally empty of the things I want/need. That just leaves the loft to deal with. Prior to the move much was disposed of "up there" in the old place - and the remaining boxes shouldn't fill half of the available loft space in my new home. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Mandart - my old loft is separated into 3 areas - 1. the must keep/need/memories - 2. the maybe keeps - and 3. the don't wants/need.
    No 3 went first. 2 needs reappraising each time I go - items in 1 will now begin to transfer across.
    I was fortunate to be able to move before putting the old place on the market - so it has been a "leisurely" but not necessarily frought-free experience!

LOL, yes indeed.

You are very fortunate. Most of what I've listed here is the result of a house sale and move back in 1985, moving from London to Ramsgate.

The sale in London got stuck in a never ending chain. Eventually I sold for cash and moved back to my parents place. Having broken the chain I quickly found a property and moved in.

However, while I moved the furniture, I left most of my Art Deco bric-a-brac at my parents. Mainly because having moved to a new town I'd found a whole new source of collectables to rummage through. Despite a few "token efforts" most stayed with them until it became clear that my mum was beginning to suffer with Dementia. Thinking she would soon need to go to care home, I started to sell it in earnest.

I'm glad to say that going into care never did become necessary. She stayed in her own home until her final illness, by which time I'd been able to sell enough to get the rest into my flat. It still looks like a cross between a warehouse and a sale-room on viewing day. But slowly I am beginning to see some space.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ouch! You so have my sympathy.
    For years I have envied my friend's clear lounge to sit and relax in - truly! Years of admiration and wishful thinking.
    That day has finally come and I am adamant. My current lounge has 1 clock in it and one table lamp apart from the suite and a coffee table, tv and stand. There is space to relax and move around in. It is no longer an obstacle course and it is going to stay that way!
    I do hope you get some space back for yourself soon..... I really do know what you are about.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congratulations on your move Cheavers

I was hoping to move over 20 years ago to another state with some acreage to do more gardening.
    Car accident and then other things happen.

I collected a lot of things, at really good prices that was going to be for the new gardens.
    I guess I won't be seeing the new place with all the gardens and should go through those items and sell them but . . . .

I do collect and work on quilts so there is a lot of fabric. One room is nothing but totes and boxes of material, barrels of upholstery fabric and 2 barrels with laces. I was hoping for a studio at the next home so that I could set up a couple of my sewing machines to work on different projects.

Some of the fabric I am will to sell, but the rest will be used to cremate me. (You think I will share my fabric, NO. I am a material girl LOL )

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver;1724174[COLOR=#000080

Finding stuff is still a challenge ...
    Lol! Good luck with that! I'm still looking for things after over 20 years!!!!

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Lol! Good luck with that! I'm still looking for things after over 20 years!!!!

Oh lol! I have no chance then have I?

Thread Information