Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add Venmo and Square?

Default Add Venmo and Square?

There are 2 other payment apps called Venmo and Square. How about adding these, for those who may or may not use PayPal or other available payments?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Add Venmo and Square?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleKittyPlace26 View Post
    There are 2 other payment apps called Venmo and Square. How about adding these, for those who may or may not use PayPal or other available payments?
    There is no reason why you cannot accept payments using either of these apps but such payments would not be integrated into the eBid website. eBid does not specify a payment method

How about Zelle, too? My customer is also interested in using Zelle to pay me.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

See post #2 and let them.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=cheaver;1723981]See post #2 and let them.

Thank you , Cheaver. Every time someone suggests a new way of paying it needs to be made clear that eBid does not insist on any specific payment method. The point is that Paypal is the only INTEGRATED payment system. So many of the other payment systems which are suggested are not available internationally.

Forum Newbie
    All-About dreamerscove
    View dreamerscove's Listings
    Forum Posts

How do you implement venmo?

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerscove View Post
    How do you implement venmo?

Ask Venmo.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hubby and I have used Zelle a few times now with huge purchases ie garden landscaping and new wood fencing companies.
    It is becoming a popular option for many companies. We like it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Ask Venmo.
    Wouldn't it be nice if doing so would result in getting a clear, concise answer. Yes, Venmo will no doubt make [I]signing-up[I] easy enough (I admit haven't looked) and at the end there will be a box that I must tick to say that "I have read, understood and agree to be bound by the T&Cs". The BIG problem is that the T&Cs are usually miles long and totally incomprehensible unless you have a Law Degree (usually an American law degree)

That's one reason why both buyers and sellers like to use an INTEGRATED system, it gives some assurance that the site has had a legal expert look at it and given its seal of approval.

Not so long ago there was a thread, or several about PayPal. How they first stopped refunding the non-variable part of their fee. Then later stopped refunding any of their fee. Then tried forcing everyone to access their account with a mobile (a continuing problem). Next came the announcement that anyone selling anything would be considered to be a Merchant (We still haven't seen what that will morph into). Then the August 1st hike in fees.

Having been freed by obay, PP is turning itself into a typical tech-giant, greedy and always looking for quicker ways to screw the maximum profit from every situation.

PP is no longer our "friend" that took its (small) % and provided a great service. It's rapidly turning into as much of a predator as the the "Big Three" selling sites. They all have the same game-plan, make themselves indispensable, a virtual monopoly then squeeze for all they're worth. They get away with it because they ALL prefer to operate in a competition-free environment -- they all now have their own in-house payment processing and it WILL become another way of endlessly increasing their fees. PP will do the same anywhere it sees the opportunity, like on smaller sites that still use them exclusively for their integrated check-out.

That's why @MOONIE related that some of the sites she uses were dumping PP in favour of other processors.

Ebid urgently needs to foster some competition at the check-out, not only it will re-enforce the site's credentials as an alternative to the monopolistic giants. Just as importantly it will help prevent the membership being looted and pillaged by PP as it manoeuvres to become another tech. monopoly.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Both Venmo and Zelle appear to be US only. So not suitable for eBid.

Thread Information