My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Google Shopping Question.

Default Google Shopping Question.

Hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I've received my first Ebid Newsletter (I only signed-up a few months back) and read about the Server change "since the last letter" and consequent better coverage on google shopping. Not sure when that happened but it might explain some of my increased sales this year. Not all, as I've had quite regular sales all through the year, presumably some of them before the change-over.

I hadn't checked Google Shopping for ages so did so to see if more of my items were on show. Last time I looked I didn't have as many items listed, but still found a few.

This time I found some but then kept finding the same ones, over and over. Disappointing as I've got plenty more and the one that came up most often (A clear glass Buder Candlestick) is not one of my better listings. Clear glass isn't so sought after as coloured, Buder is not as popular or as collectable a name as some others and one candlestick not so popular as a pair. So one of my listings least likely to entice buyers to want to see more.

My question is this. Why has google picked that particular listing to keep repeating when I have many other, better ones? Is it something to do with my listing (that I can improve or alter) or down to something within google, that I can't?

When I last looked I took some note of which listings google was showing and anything I thought they might have in common that google was picking-up on and tried using those in my listing format to try to get more exposure.

I think I'm doing the obvious things ("exempt" in the bar code box. BIN price on every listing) but any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Default Re: Google Shopping Question.

I'm lost with this Google Shopping bit - like you, I fill all the right boxes and occasionally I find one of my products there but it's nothing consistent - even with my own website which has a dedicated Google Shopping app I can't find my listings.... I'm begining to think Google doesn't like me...

It makes no sense to me, less in fact than earlier.

I tried again searching for "art deco glass candlestick". Yes, several of mine, including the one I mentioned above (again several times). Some made by Bagley and one by Walther. My formula when listing is generally "Art Deco (manufacturer)(colour) glass (Item eg Candlestick)" followed by anything else that might be a key-word or just relevant.

Then I searched for "art deco glass" lots of results, some of mine. So far so good.

Then I try "Bagley glass" and "Walther glass" both of which I've just seen in the glass candlestick results but now zero results found.

So I tried "Bagley glass vase". Plenty of results again including some of mine.

Finally, thinking there might be something odd about searches in glass categories, I tried searching for "1989 proof coin £2 claim of right" and there is the one I listed recently near the top of page 1.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency in what words in titles are being searched by google.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Newbie
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    View GodlewskiTrains's Feedback (+808)
    All-About GodlewskiTrains
    View GodlewskiTrains's Listings
    Forum Posts

I need help and cant get an answer. My eBid listings show up in Google Shopping as FREE DELIVERY but they all have specific shipping data like weight, dimensions and carriers. People are driving me nuts because GS sends them to my listing and then they get charged shipping. Who can help me with this? Three messages to eBid with no answers and I can't get into Google Shopping because I don't have an account!
    H-E-L-P!!

May by slow over Christmas time. Try this email address support@ebid.net
    Last edited by dm6619david; 1st January 2021 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlewskiTrains View Post
    I need help and cant get an answer. My eBid listings show up in Google Shopping as FREE DELIVERY but they all have specific shipping data like weight, dimensions and carriers. People are driving me nuts because GS sends them to my listing and then they get charged shipping. Who can help me with this? Three messages to eBid with no answers and I can't get into Google Shopping because I don't have an account!
    H-E-L-P!!
    I looked at your listing and see what you see, so I looked again at some of mine. None had Free Shipping, all had the shipping details exactly as per my listing.

How GS works still baffles me. Today the left-hand side-bar had a box to tick to for Ebid when filtering by "Seller", previously that was not there (only obay and ettssy and some others).

The first thing I would advise you to do (if you haven't already) is go into "edit" for your listing and check what you've actually listed there. Must admit that I've never added anything like weight and dimensions to my shipping details and neither of us sell internationally, as far as I can see. Could it be that by doing so, you've ticked some box by mistake?

If not, could the problem be being caused by different Servers used by GS? I find it strange that what I saw today when I searched for my listings was different to what I saw previously.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information