Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bout with Covid-19

Default Re: Bout with Covid-19

Best wishes for a speedy recovery JaBek hope you begin to feel like your old self soon.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Great Britain has placed people in groups and drawn up a detailed list of the order in which groups are to be given the vaccine
    This listing is probably similar to the targeted group listings in the USA. Healthcare workers and other front line individuals are to be immunized first. Senior citizens in nursing homes and ALF's, and those with pre-existing conditions, would also be given priority.

In the USA, the governors of states will also be given the ability to determine which groups are to be prioritized for immunization. It is not easy to get Americans to proceed in lock step.

I am thinking more specifically about differntiating between individuals who have been infected (confirmed) and those who have not been infected (confirmed). Will the vaccine be given to everyone? Will there be any attempts made to see how these groups respond to the vaccine? There is so little understood about immunity developed in the infected population. This would probably be an excellent time to obtain a clearer picture of immunity patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post

And "More or Less" on Radio 4 assessed the percentages of the deaths that would be saved as each group is vaccinated and they appear to have the cohorts correctly selected.
    Estimating such a percentage may not be totally accurate, as deaths prevented could be related to other factors. Have heard reports that infections are expected to increase, and deaths along with it, and that it is going to be a difficult winter despite the rolling out of the vaccines.

Resistance about taking the vaccine, and outright refusal of many individuals to take the vaccines, is also a factor. Because I have mixed feelings about the vaccines, it makes me understand and respect the different views about taking the vaccines. From what I have seen and heard so far, the vaccines are safe, but the side effects are off-putting and sometimes severe. However, because of the seriousness of this pandemic, those refusing may be looking at a very scarey scenario in the near future.

Of course this may not include those who have had serious reactions in the past from immunizations.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to read of your news, but welcome to the Covid Club!

It is the most horrible disease and I wish you and your wife a full recovery.

I am still suffering with the after effects (Long Covid) so I hope that you make a full recovery without the after-effects.

Stay strong, we are with you!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information