eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Of course I want it!!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Of course I want it!!

That is a really tough one! I think you just have to make the phone call - it's so much better than nothing. Even in normal times, bereavement drives so many people away. I found those who bothered to speak very very precious.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    That is a really tough one! I think you just have to make the phone call - it's so much better than nothing. Even in normal times, bereavement drives so many people away. I found those who bothered to speak very very precious.
    Thank you so much for the reply! You are right of course...I have always made a point of going on to the bereaved to speak. I hate to see people rush across the road pretending not to have seen.

I shall have to think a little and speak with her in the morning. Thanks again for your so right reply! Ian

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

You are welcome, Ian.

I have a very small family, so when there are deaths, there is not a group to cluster round. The friends who do are so valuable.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

I understand that one well. I have only one left "of the blood" as it were - a sister of 75 living in the west country.We used to meet up in Wales at funerals. That will never happen again...

Oh dear! I am getting into a dark mood! Stop it old man!

​(Thinks....81 tomorrow....shall I crack a bottle of red at lunch? Depends what's on TV in the afternoon I suppose! Lol!)

It only goes to show how easy it is to misread when upset. I was sitting, puzzling about how on earth they came to go on their cruise; so I checked again - and Dave had died on the 14th April!!! - before all the lockdowns, etc. So poor Pat is long over the first shock....I shall ring in the morning, definitely...

I did 'phone. she told me she was glad I had 'phoned and not just "dropped a line". Crazy thing is, at several points,it was she who comforted me at several points in the conversation.

They's got to the point where there were several on board the cruise ship who had the virus but none of the obvious islands nor Florida would help. Despite all thw rubbish we've been told over all the years, it was Cuba that took them in and sorted out aircraft to get them back to London. "Que viva Fidel Castro y la Libertad!" as we used to sing rebelliously when I was at University, all those years ago. They lost about two days trying to get help.

I'll keep in touch with her now, and get her out and about when all is normal again.

Glad you made that step, sometimes that's the hardest one to do but it can end up the most satisfying.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

To return to the original topic of this thread - Our vaccinations are booked for Sunday. I've always intended to visit Steam Museum (you never bother with the attractions closest to home, somehow!) but I'm guessing I won't see many locos.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Thread Information