eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And Breath

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default And Breath

Well , I probably have just sold my last item on ##bay ! Despite showing proof of postage my buyer says she didn’t receive the item !! And I returned the money . I can’t understand if you have proof why you have to refund ?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: And Breath

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    Well , I probably have just sold my last item on ##bay ! Despite showing proof of postage my buyer says she didn’t receive the item !! And I returned the money . I can’t understand if you have proof why you have to refund ?

If you have proof of postage and the buyer says that they did not receive the item, your next step is to claim compensation from Royal Mail. I have been in this situation only once on eBid. I successfully claimed although I had not used a tracked mail service
    Of course, proof of postage is not the same as proof of delivery so your buyer might be telling the truth.

Its a nightmare over there sometimes and many people wish they could escape the place but the post has been super slow in some locations. I would love to be more active here but the sales and traffic are just to low and I doubt they will grow until the big boys take a fall

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you both for your replies

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaggisLover View Post
    Its a nightmare over there sometimes and many people wish they could escape the place but the post has been super slow in some locations. I would love to be more active here but the sales and traffic are just to low and I doubt they will grow until the big boys take a fall
    I disagree - sales here have been improving over lock down - and every new seller makes it more likely that a visitor will find something they want and so many of my sales are to 0 rated buyers.

I still list in the other place but only if I really want to clear the items quickly.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaggisLover View Post

The speed of the post is not dependent on the selling site used.

I think my lack of sales is due to me listing the same items on multiple sites, I will start a trial of listing on here only and see how it goes Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I disagree - sales here have been improving over lock down - and every new seller makes it more likely that a visitor will find something they want and so many of my sales are to 0 rated buyers.

I still list in the other place but only if I really want to clear the items quickly.
    I agree with you, this has been my best year so far on ebid but not just during lock-down. The "nightmare over there" is on-going which has (I think ) caused an influx of new sellers from the USA starting here and will see more from the UK as the train-crash continues to pile up.

As you say "every new seller makes it more likely that buyers will find something they want". That's also true, a lot of my buyers also had zero FB when they bought from me. A quick look through my FB shows that although I gave them their first FB on this site, there are hardly any now that still have only that one. The now have 2, 4, 12 or even more.

@HaggisLover. I also still sell over there although I only list my cheaper, lighter and smaller items (because of the higher fee and the fee on postage costs). It enables me to put a hand-written note in every parcel, personalised to build on the initial purchase and letting the buyer know that my items are listed on Ebid before obay and are cheaper here. It is a fact that part of the reason my sales here have exceeded those on obay this year is because on several occasions, one sale there has led to several more here.

Another key to success here is regular activity. It may be difficult not to get dis-heartened at the lack of quick results but keep adding listings (I only add two a week), eventually you will get noticed. Sales will be slower here but as both buying and selling over there becomes more difficult and ever more expensive buyers are learning to look elsewhere and one thing that can be guaranteed here is that your items will be found by anyone looking for them. That isn't always true on obay.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    .....proof of postage is not the same as proof of delivery so your buyer might be telling the truth.
    Proof of delivery is no guarantee now.
    https://house-fastly-signed-eu-west-...Q3L21haW4ubXA0

Been seeing loads of these lately Its a sad thing which is why I mostly stick to RM 99% of the time, they may be expensive compared to say Hermes but they are trustworthy not to run off with your items

Thread Information