My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: No ebid notification emails??

Default No ebid notification emails??

I've just noticed I've not had the following.

Two sales on 3/12, only got the paypal Notification of a payment received email. Nothing from Ebid.
    Two auctions that ended on 5/12, no emails from ebid.
    Another sale on 5/12, paypal notification of payment received only.

And thinking back to last week-end I don't think I received emails for two new items listed.

I haven't changed any Ebid settings or my email in any way.

Is there something wrong with my account?? Please advise.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Default Re: No ebid notification emails??

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I've just noticed I've not had the following.

Two sales on 3/12, only got the paypal Notification of a payment received email. Nothing from Ebid.
    Two auctions that ended on 5/12, no emails from ebid.
    Another sale on 5/12, paypal notification of payment received only.

And thinking back to last week-end I don't think I received emails for two new items listed.

I haven't changed any Ebid settings or my email in any way.

Is there something wrong with my account?? Please advise.
    I went into my "Spam" box a few days ago and there were a bunch of notifications from eBid, so maybe at some point something has changed. I still get some notifications turning up in my normal inbox.
    And after I had found the ones (Questions, and Payment) in my "Spam" folder, I marked them as not "Spam" so hopefully that will have solved that.
    Hope this helps.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had this problem starting in September. I contacted eBid Support and, after much effort on their part, they seem to have solved the problem (crossed fingers touching wood). The problem appeared to be at least partly to do with my email provider. I gave Support as much information as I could e.g. dates, details if I received some but not all notifications. I also contacted my ISP. Support tell me that they are using a new email provider (at least for my emails). This might be part of your problem.
    I would definitely contact Support with any details you can supply. They persevered with my problem and, as I say, appear to have sorted it.

​I also found eBid emails going into my spam folder for some unknown reason.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ​I also found eBid emails going into my spam folder for some unknown reason.
    Mine weren't going to my spam folder. They were just not getting through. Probably it depends on your email provider and/or your ISP

Thanks for the replies everyone. I looked in my Spam folder (something I don't do all that often) and it's worse than I thought. Over thirty emails from Ebid, New item listed, Auction ended, Sales, ASL entries going back to 7th November (that's as far back as the page went, so there might have been even more before that)

But I'm certain that some have got through to my In-box. The erratic nature of what's happened is shown by other stuff in the folder. Real spam that was mostly caught, but a few went to the In-box. Some from TOS (they send so much spam I hadn't even noticed a problem). Even a notification from the PP community boards telling me that there had been a response to a comment (half a dozen identical notifications went to my in-box).

So this doesn't look like an ebid problem. First thing I'll do is mark all thirty + as Not spam and see if that jolts things back to how they should be.

Thanks for your help.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have now had the opposite problem. On Saturday, I made a number of sales to one buyer. I got notification of payment from eBid but no notification from Paypal. I had to check my Paypal account to check that the transaction had gone through.

It seems to have worked (for now?). Amongst the emails sent to Spam were a couple of Auction Ended, I re-listed them and got New Item Listed notifications to my in-box. Also a notification that I'd added an ASL entry earlier today got to the inbox.

Will pay more attention to what emails I should be getting and get onto my ISP if this starts again, the re-lists that I did today should have been done weeks ago. If I hadn't noticed that several emails close together had gone missing they could have been lost.

Thread Information