Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: My postage is add up when there no extra charge

Default My postage is add up when there no extra charge

Hi Everyone,
    I have a problem with the shipping, it gets added up when I sell 2 or more items from the same listing. Even using the calculator I get the same result. Logged in or out don't make any difference. A few weeks ago I had a message asking why the post was so expensive on light blubs. I thought my listings were wrong. When I looked into it my listings are correct.
    I give a example Legrand 12v 12 volt bell push button 8200 21. I can post the box of 20 for £4.06. Using 2st class 1 bell push is £4.05, 2 pushes is £8.10, 3 pushes is £12.15, 4 pushes is £16.20 and £20.25
    David

Default Re: My postage is add up when there no extra charge

You can set a multi item checkout in your defaults section on your 'My eBid' page.
    You can also send a combined invoice to your buyer if they buy more than one item and adjust the postage rate either as a percentage or in pounds. Just send a normal invoice on one item and tick the boxes at the top to add in the other items, then adjust the postage before sending.
    Hope this helps.

The multi checkout is set on yes (default). What is yours set on. The only problem with invoices they have already bought it. I been thinking about this, a few years ago was this a bug fix?

Quote Originally Posted by dm6619david View Post
    The multi checkout is set on yes (default). What is yours set on. The only problem with invoices they have already bought it. I been thinking about this, a few years ago was this a bug fix?
    Mine is set to 'no' as I don't often sell multiple items. If I do sell more than one item then I send a combined invoice and reduce the postage.
    I've just looked at the listing form and changed the number of items from one to three and a little box appeared under my postage rates. Have you filled this in on your listings so the correct extra postage for each item will show ?
    Each extra item will add £ to shipping cost
    If you have done this and it still isn't working I would contact support@ebid.net

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dm6619david View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a problem with the shipping, it gets added up when I sell 2 or more items from the same listing. Even using the calculator I get the same result. Logged in or out don't make any difference. A few weeks ago I had a message asking why the post was so expensive on light blubs. I thought my listings were wrong. When I looked into it my listings are correct.
    I give a example Legrand 12v 12 volt bell push button 8200 21. I can post the box of 20 for £4.06. Using 2st class 1 bell push is £4.05, 2 pushes is £8.10, 3 pushes is £12.15, 4 pushes is £16.20 and £20.25
    David

Hi David, we do have the facility to add the cost per extra of the same item when creating a listing. If you have this set up then let us know the listing ID# in question and we'll see why this isn't working for you.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hi Gazza, I do have extra cost per item for the same listings, but not on all listings.
    David

Hi again, I've been looking at some of my listings. If I am using the shipping code there is no problem. The problem is where there is no shipping codes used.

I have just moved it to no as well. Do have Required Immediate Payment turned on?

Thread Information