My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Views seem very low for this time of the year

Default Views seem very low for this time of the year

I came back to eBid a while back now and things were going well, a few sales here and there topping up my PayPal

As we all know a certain site is now pushing all sellers to Managed Payments meaning no more PayPal and I love my PayPal for buying items one of my fair few reasons for trying this place out again

This month so far has been dire and you would expect a rise in traffic for the time of year but from what I can see its actually low which is odd

I have been putting out the word about the site but words can only do so much, I am hopeful maybe next year they will provide some form of advertising so the site can grow and gain the profits its deserves

You know I found this site years ago by seeing a parcel wrapped in the white and purple ebid tape, I would never even be a member if it wasn't for that

Fingers crossed things get better
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Views seem very low for this time of the year

Welcome back Haggis.

You mention the other place where there are plenty of threads going about sellers being forced into Managed Payments and its drawbacks. One of which is said to be dramatic drops in sales caused either by the unexplained changes to the checkout frightening buyers away or difficulty of using paypal at all, to pay for items bought from sellers drafted into MP.

There is also another reason I think. For some reason paypal has decided to suddenly and enormously increase the frequency of requiring that Second Tier Authentication be completed to enable access to accounts. Its first choice to do this is a text code (whether or not there is a mobile number on record) and belatedly an alternative using land-lines is finally available. Very often the land-line version doesn't work. As this news spreads people are becoming worried that attempting to log-in to paypal and failing SCA will leave them unable to access their account at all.

Only the other day I had a buyer purchase two items. They paid for the first but then left the second unpaid. A co-incidence? Perhaps or perhaps not. But buyers worried that every time they log-in to paypal might be their last can't be helping sales either.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes ive had a text code via my land line,now everytime i login i am asked if i am a robot and then i have to complete a captcha!

Yeh the text code is super annoying

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaggisLover View Post
    Yeh the text code is super annoying
    Yes especially when you can't find your mobile and it's switched off so you cannot even ring yourself to help find it which is the norm for me as I only use it when away from the house.🤷*♀️

Thread Information