eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Store view settings

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Store view settings

Of the 3 possible views options available to me I have my Store views setting on Gallery. This way, reasonably sized pictures can easily be scrolled down in list sequence by any visitors/potential buyers. I appreciate that the Showroom view setting offers bigger pics, but for me personally I find that looking at 3 large pictures in a horizontal row and then scrolling down to the next group of 3 is not easy on my eyes.

Today I tried to view some items in different categories in the Store of a Forum member who had selected Showroom by default. Every time I selected a different subcategory to look at other items in this Seller's store the views setting reverted back to Showroom from the Gallery view I preferred. I got so annoyed with it I left the Store.

It has made me wonder why people choose the view settings they do, especially the Showroom?

Default Re: Store view settings

I use the showroom setting, firstly because for me I find it is better for me to read and secondly because it mirrors the way my website displays so it offers some continuity of design for anyone who looks at both that and my store here.

To be perfectly honest, I never even considered looking at the other settings, I shall go away and experiment with those on one of my smaller stores.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I use the showroom setting, firstly because for me I find it is better for me to read and secondly because it mirrors the way my website displays so it offers some continuity of design for anyone who looks at both that and my store here.

To be perfectly honest, I never even considered looking at the other settings, I shall go away and experiment with those on one of my smaller stores.

Did you manage to take a look at the other views? Have you decided to stay on Showroom or not?

Yes, I did try them out, personally the showroom view still works best for me so at the moment that's the one I'm sticking with.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

Of the 3 possible views options available to me I have my Store views setting on Gallery. This way, reasonably sized pictures can easily be scrolled down in list sequence by any visitors/potential buyers. I appreciate that the Showroom view setting offers bigger pics, but for me personally I find that looking at 3 large pictures in a horizontal row and then scrolling down to the next group of 3 is not easy on my eyes.

Today I tried to view some items in different categories in the Store of a Forum member who had selected Showroom by default. Every time I selected a different subcategory to look at other items in this Seller's store the views setting reverted back to Showroom from the Gallery view I preferred. I got so annoyed with it I left the Store.

It has made me wonder why people choose the view settings they do, especially the Showroom?

If you altered away from the default view setting for an eBid Store it should remember that for subsequent pages of that store. Checking on that.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If you altered away from the default view setting for an eBid Store it should remember that for subsequent pages of that store. Checking on that.

Thx,
    Gazza

It would be delightful if it would remember, but it doesn't.

I have just tried again and see that it still doesn't remember so fault has yet to be found?

Here is what has just happened:

Mandart, The Rochester Collection

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Mandart-Rochester

Showroom by Default

changed to Gallery view:

https://www.ebid.net/uk/perl/main.cg...llery&sort=1-0

selected Artificial Plants (16 items) -
    reverted back to Showroom again....

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Manda...ificial-Plants

Selected Gallery View:

https://www.ebid.net/uk/perl/main.cg...llery&sort=1-0

selected all categories to choose another subcat -

Reverted back to Showroom

https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Mandart-Rochester

selected cushions - SHOWROOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exit, muttering.............

Thread Information