Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayPal seems to be lagging again

Forum Newbie
    View TribesAndVibes's Feedback (+4)
    All-About TribesAndVibes
    View TribesAndVibes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb PayPal seems to be lagging again

We've noticed that there is a time lag between the Buyer placing an order, and the email notification coming from PayPal. The difference at the moment is about 2 hours.

This seems to be happening more and more often over the past 6 months, so it's worth checking your eBid sales dashboard in case you've had a PayPal sale but not received the email from PayPal. I think at it's worst, there was a half a day time lag. I dont think there's much you can do about it, but just be aware that it happens.

All good wishes and good health to everyone,
    Terri x

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: PayPal seems to be lagging again

I've noticed it too over past few weeks so I've been checking my Paypal accounts to see if the payment was there.

In doing so I get lumbered with the flipping text message thingy which allegedly is a one off, but it's happening every time now.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    In doing so I get lumbered with the flipping text message thingy which allegedly is a one off, but it's happening every time now.

What is this about Ann? I've no memory of anything like this.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

When you try to log in, Paypal insist on sending a text message with a security code to your mobile [no other option available unlike UK banks] which you then have to key into your login before you can proceed to your account.

it's supposed to be a one-off to verify your account but it's happening every time to me and with working out the YDC tally yesterday, I was screaming blue murder!

More discussion here:
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...pal-connection

I discovered the mobile logging in thing this morning, never happens when I'm on my pc but everytime on my phone

Forum Newbie
    View TribesAndVibes's Feedback (+4)
    All-About TribesAndVibes
    View TribesAndVibes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post

I get lumbered with the flipping text message thingy which allegedly is a one off, but it's happening every time now.
    I've not had the flipping text message thingy either, but I haven't logged on to PayPal for a couple of days, so maybe they have just introduced that, and that's why the site is up the creek with delayed notifications. Ebay and PayPal always seem to introduce new things which messes everything up for a few days (or longer in ebay's case).

Oh well, let's hope it's not impacting our eBid sales!

Luv n socially distanced hugs,
    Terri x

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah, now I understand. Maybe its because they only have my landline number that I haven't had the problem? I can remember giving them that at some point and haven't heard anything since.

Mobiles are too easy for them?

If you have a mobile I recommend that you add the number. I've posted on a couple of threads about the issue of paypal insisting that they can only complete the second level of SCA verification by text message to a mobile.

As I don't, I've been looking at their boards to see whether they have complied with FCA guidance and provided an alternative like all other organisations have done.

So far they haven't, but are quite happily denying account holders access to their accounts all the same.

Someone on obay posted to say that it's possible to use the Secret Question and Answer as an alternative. But when asked how that is possible they didn't reply. If it is true then paypal are keeping very quiet about it, nor can I find any mention of using it on paypal info. about PSD2 and SCA.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

An update on this.

It seems I've been moved onto obay's Managed Payment system (typically they haven't bothered to inform me). I only know because I sold something there yesterday and today I have an email telling me I've paid them £1, FVF via paypal. Clicked the link to the transaction and went to a new "Verification" screen.

It now seems they can show me a code on-screen and phone my land-line where I enter the code. Only one problem, the phone didn't ring. So I couldn't get into my account.

I'll check my registered phone number later, if I'm allowed in through my usual log-in page, to make sure it's in the +44 format (-the first zero on the area code).
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

All very confusing. No I am not on MP, the £1 fee was my regular monthly fee invoice and just a co-incidence that it was the same as the previous days sale fee.

Although the SCA second level verification failed on that payment, I was still allowed access without using the second level through my usual log-in page.

Would still recommend that everyone checks that their mobile and land-line numbers are up to date and in the correct format as at some point (next year) this second level will become compulsory and I expect that the work arounds will be closed.

Thread Information