My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Shop Categories

Default Shop Categories

I would like to see that if openening a shop, that you can pick several categories of what you are selling. My business is about beauty, fashion, fitness, health and anything about a fabulous lifestyle for women. The fact that you are only able to pick one category and subcategory is very restrictive. Would be silly having to open 5 shops so that I can get all my categories out there

Default Re: Shop Categories

You can make multiple categories and subcategories for each store/shop when you create them. Click on one of the links in my signature below to see the categories and subcategories I've set up for my stores. You can do the same for others who post here and have stores, as there is no single "right" approach for everyone. Each item you list will go into a single category or subcategory. I penciled-out a structure of parent categories and the subcategories under each, then set up those when creating each store. It is easy to add, delete, or rearrange those if needed.

This is different from ebid's site-wide fixed categories (you have to pay a small fee to list a single item in multiple site-wide categories).

Forum Newbie
    View paulc1008's Feedback (+1153)
    All-About paulc1008
    View paulc1008's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shop Categories

Why does Ninja Lister provide a search on eBid Categories but not on my eBid Stores? I have 56 different categories across 4 main store headings - but I certainly haven't memorized all the sub-category codes. There is no provision to search or access a simple screen listing of all my store categories. Each entry on Ninja lister I have to trawl through the store maintenance routine, just to see a list of my store sub-categories on the screen. Where there are references to stores in other screen listings or reports, they only show the name of the sub-category, not the code.

Thread Information