eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: easy (or any!) sheet music disappointment

Default Re: easy (or any!) sheet music disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    We had a huge, circular boiler in one corner of our kitchen. I am thinking your house must have had one too? Otherwise, that would have been a lot kettles to keep heating up for the bath especially if they had to be done over a fire? Happy days!

Sorry, I missed this - no idea how!

I cannot remember this , but it must have been so. I know why I am confused here though. I'd left Wales and gone to North Essex to teach. I was in "digs" in a council house and the boxroom had been converted and had a "copper" which was filled by bucket and emptied by hand pump. Memory of this must have blocked out the other. I remember that, after I had left home, the company had put a water heater into an alcove so the tank was cuboid!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: easy (or any!) sheet music disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post

Sorry, I missed this - no idea how!

I cannot remember this , but it must have been so. I know why I am confused here though. I'd left Wales and gone to North Essex to teach. I was in "digs" in a council house and the boxroom had been converted and had a "copper" which was filled by bucket and emptied by hand pump. Memory of this must have blocked out the other. I remember that, after I had left home, the company had put a water heater into an alcove so the tank was cuboid!

Goodness! I had forgotten all about the bucket filling and the hand pump emptying!

When I was 14 we moved elsewhere. Dad pushed a hand cart with our belongings on it about a mile and a half away. We went upmarket into a 3 bed semi with a posh indoor bathroom (toilet with a long-handled pull chain) - and my 1st bedroom of my own! Such a luxury. End of using torn up newspapers in the loo and start of proper toilet rolls! Oh, the luxurious novelty of an immersion heater! And shallower stairs going upstairs! And gardens plus drive and garage. And a coal-house the coal man could access off the drive instead of us having to leave the back gate open in our old place. No rent to pay! And a front room! Oh the joy of it all!

Thread Information