My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: chutney

Default chutney

I have apples and green tomatoes ordered some cider apple vinegar and sultanas. am i on the right track here please and also can i freeze some of it when i have made it as i only have two jars, maybe 3.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: chutney

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I have apples and green tomatoes ordered some cider apple vinegar and sultanas. am i on the right track here please and also can i freeze some of it when i have made it as i only have two jars, maybe 3.
    Yes, you can also use malt or white vinegar does not have to be cider apple vinegar whichever you use will have an effect on taste, such as sharp or sweet, using white and brown sugar will also have the same effect, the vinegar and sugar are both preservatives, do not freeze, it will keep well in a dark, dry cupboard as long as you have a lid on it, if using the cellophane tops with the wax disc it will dry out.

Also when making a stew, casserole or curry I always add a tablespoon or 2 of chutney to it for added flavour, personal taste though. One curry recipe I follow for a cooked meat curry by Marguerite Pattern also calls for a tablespoon of jam along with the chutney, delicious so chutney not just for cheese and crackers.

I'm busy with quince jelly making and tomatoes to use and picking up crab apples at the end of the week from a friend, going to make wine with them so a busy week ahead for me, also my upholstery day tomorrow when I look a bit like Darth Vader when I have my mask on. Lets hope my week goes better than last week.

Good luck with it all and have patience, something I lacked last week. Back to the kitchen for me now also my chair to prepare for tomorrow.🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️🤦*♀️

Default Re: chutney

keep your fingers cross babushska, I am planing on just bunging it all in the slow cooker, i have to clear all my plants from the back so the men can get in to fit the new loo to the soil pipe, there are plants and buckets of compost everywhere and of course mike took the spuds out of the buckets and put it into buckets with no holes in so i have buckets of slop, i will have to sort them one a day as my back is not going to hold out much longer and if that goes we are up that street without a paddle.

Thread Information