eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Comments from ebidders

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Comments from ebidders

Not sure I am raising this on the right forum but here goes, on the bottom of the login page it gives details re ebid and comments from ebidders, well should this not be updated as if you click on the comments left by ebidders some of these are no longer selling on ebid, and how about as mentioned previously by others why not have a sales tally for sellers not just feedback as some buyers never leave feedback even if they return to buy again and it looks likes no one is buying and selling.

Default Re: Comments from ebidders

I did notice that some comments were quite old and wondered if there hadn't been any more recently to show.

As for the Sales Counter -- a big YES to that.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I did notice that some comments were quite old and wondered if there hadn't been any more recently to show.

As for the Sales Counter -- a big YES to that.

Not sure this is really the place to say this but why couldn't their be a "no feedback sales" category?

% positive comment(s)
    % neutral comments(s)
    % negative comments(s)
    % no feedback sales
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    % no feedback sales
    or perhaps "Successful sales with no feedback" (to keep a positive tone, as so many without feedback are pleased enough - but won't take the time to leave fb).

That's very true IMO and if it's easier / cheaper for Management to add either "No FB Sales" or "Successful Sales etc." I think it would be better than the present situation. So many buyers don't leave FB, although in my own mind I wonder if at least some are confused by the ASL. They've got used to doing things one way (on obay) and find ebid's layout difficult to navigate.

Whatever, the fact is that there are more sales than are visible to new buyers and many sellers with little or no FB who have in fact successful sales to their credit.

If either suggestion adds to seller's visible FB score it would help dispel the persistent criticism that "Nothing ever sells" here.

I called it a "Transaction Counter" only because I couldn't remember what another member called it when they started a thread on the "Suggestions" forum. Referring to the craft and vintage site's name for their solution to the same problem. They ask buyers to leave reviews but also show the total number of successful transactions on each of their ads.

I said on that thread, it was the transaction number that gave me the confidence to buy a quite expensive item from a seller with few reviews. Personally, I would prefer it shown on every auction a seller has listed but anything that shows an accurate number can't do anything but help attract more sales. To the seller and the site.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    That's very true IMO and if it's easier / cheaper for Management to add either "No FB Sales" or "Successful Sales etc." I think it would be better than the present situation. So many buyers don't leave FB, although in my own mind I wonder if at least some are confused by the ASL. They've got used to doing things one way (on obay) and find ebid's layout difficult to navigate.

Whatever, the fact is that there are more sales than are visible to new buyers and many sellers with little or no FB who have in fact successful sales to their credit.

If either suggestion adds to seller's visible FB score it would help dispel the persistent criticism that "Nothing ever sells" here.

I called it a "Transaction Counter" only because I couldn't remember what another member called it when they started a thread on the "Suggestions" forum. Referring to the craft and vintage site's name for their solution to the same problem. They ask buyers to leave reviews but also show the total number of successful transactions on each of their ads.

I said on that thread, it was the transaction number that gave me the confidence to buy a quite expensive item from a seller with few reviews. Personally, I would prefer it shown on every auction a seller has listed but anything that shows an accurate number can't do anything but help attract more sales. To the seller and the site.

I like the idea of it being on the listing page and I think a good place for it on the listing would be in the "Meet The Seller" section.

Example

Member For xxxxxxx

Recent Activity xxxx

Total Sales xxx

My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some good suggestions here but I think we may as well be whistling in the wind, I spent a couple of hours listing some new items the other day when I could have been doing something more productive, some items I listed a couple of weeks back have not even had views, might just list one item here and there as waste my time photographing and listing more, I'm beginning to feel like a Klingon who has been cloaked.

Thread Information