eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Buyers with no purchase history

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buyers with no purchase history

This morning I had 2 sales but was not aware of them until I received a request for a combined shipping Invoice. ie no notification of sales from eBid.
    On checking, I find that I have a setting (selected by me) on eBid which requires immediate payment from Buyers with no purchase history.

I do not normally check emails unless the notification "ping" goes off telling me that I have received an email, and I am not online all the time - and this Buyer would have been lost to me had I not just happened to check for emails 9 minutes after she clicked to buy and requested a combined invoice.

My suggestion is: Please send a notification email when a Buyer with no purchase history has clicked to buy a BIN and only has one hour to pay.

Had I not happened to check within the time frame, these 2 sales would have been lost.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  7.1 KB

Last edited by cheaver; 28th September 2020 at 11:04 AM.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyers with no purchase history

Hi Cheaver,

RIP is a fully automated system that allows you automatically re-list items that are not paid for within an hour of the buyer's most recent purchase from you. The idea behind it is to remove any work for the seller and to weed out buyers who are not serious about making the purchase.

All items purchased by the buyer using RIP are added together and shipping rules are taken into consideration and a checkout is laid on for the buyer to push ahead with the purchase process as smoothly as possible. Some users will find it useful and some won't depending on the suitability of items they have for sale.

If you are requiring manual invoices to be created due to shipping amounts needing attention then you could try running with it turned off to see how you go.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Gazza. My items are too varied for a broad shipping policy.

The RIP system is too good to turn off! So I shall leave as is.

Thanks for the quick response.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Thanks Gazza. My items are too varied for a broad shipping policy.

The RIP system is too good to turn off! So I shall leave as is.

Thanks for the quick response.

Hi Cheaver,

Thinking about it, perhaps an automated email and in-app notification could be used just to let you know about an RIP countdown, I can't see any negative side to it currently. Perhaps others can give us their thoughts on it.

It's more akin to adding an item to a shopping basket before checking out, if someone placed one of your items in a basket would you want to be notified... ? Maybe... but worth a discussion.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Cheaver,

Thinking about it, perhaps an automated email and in-app notification could be used just to let you know about an RIP countdown, I can't see any negative side to it currently. Perhaps others can give us their thoughts on it.

It's more akin to adding an item to a shopping basket before checking out, if someone placed one of your items in a basket would you want to be notified... ? Maybe... but worth a discussion.

Thx,
    Gazza

for 1 item I wouldn't want to be bothered and the system as is can do its job perfectly well....... multiples yes I would - so that I can contact and do an adjusted invoice rather than Buyer paying for multiple postage and me having to refund incurring PP costs and inconvenience....

Thanks for giving this more thought.

I do hope others will chip in with their ideas on this as well......

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post

Thx,
    Gazza
    Thanks for the RIP system Gazza, as you say it's great for weeding out buyers who aren't serious about making the purchase.

I like the idea of an email notification for more than one purchase - then I can contact the (probably new to the site) buyer and send an adjusted invoice, rather than have them pay for each item individually, and then have the hassle and PP fees of refunding for multiple postage
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with Sucadot and Cheaver. For multiple buys an email would allow me to adjust postage
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Re: Buyers with no purchase history

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    Thanks for the RIP system Gazza, as you say it's great for weeding out buyers who aren't serious about making the purchase.

I like the idea of an email notification for more than one purchase - then I can contact the (probably new to the site) buyer and send an adjusted invoice, rather than have them pay for each item individually, and then have the hassle and PP fees of refunding for multiple postage
    Wow! never new about the RIP! - I have now selected it as I often get new buyers who never seem to pay for whatever reason and I end up with a lot of work/time wasted. I even got a neutral feedback from a NPB which is even more annoying!

Downside is the multi-buys: if you select My Ebid>My Defaults to enable multiple-item checkout, it should resolve this? I question it because sometimes new buyers still pay individually despite this option being set. It is not automatic it seems. Then to refund etc through Paypal is at a cost since Paypal no longer refund the fees!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Wow! never new about the RIP! - I have now selected it as I often get new buyers who never seem to pay for whatever reason and I end up with a lot of work/time wasted. I even got a neutral feedback from a NPB which is even more annoying!

Downside is the multi-buys: if you select My Ebid>My Defaults to enable multiple-item checkout, it should resolve this? I question it because sometimes new buyers still pay individually despite this option being set. It is not automatic it seems. Then to refund etc through Paypal is at a cost since Paypal no longer refund the fees!

I agree. I get the same problem with buyers paying individually thereby paying postage on each item when I have the option set for zero extra postage on multiple items. I don't think it would be possible to MIC to be automatic. It seems that buyers buy one item, pay for it, buy another item, pay for it and so on. If they do this the option of their using MIC never arises. Perhaps the best (only) option would be a prominent message stating the availability of MIC as it seems that it is ignorance of MIC which is the problem. But when this message would appear is another problem

The cost of refunding through Paypal can be considerable as each unnecessary postage charge has to be refunded separately.

I never use RIP. I have never, so far, had a problem with NPBs. I also think that RIP would encourage the buyer to pay for each item separately which

Thread Information