eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Royal Mail has increased postage rates again from 1 September 2020

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Royal Mail has increased postage rates again from 1 September 2020

Price guides for personal customers and Marketplace sellers from 1 September 2020

International rates only

If you are a personal customer, or sell regularly on marketplaces, this will affect the prices you pay over the counter at a Post Office® branch. These prices can be found in the Our prices guide. You can view or download a copy of this handy guide to our UK, International parcel and letter services, including Parcelforce Worldwide. Alternatively, you can pick up a copy from your Post Office® branch from 1 September 2020

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2020-07/royal-mail-our-prices-1-september-2020.pdf

Prices for parcels and letters with postage paid through Royal Mail Click & Drop® are found in the Royal Mail online price guide:

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalmail.com/files/2020-07/royal-mail-our-online-prices-1-september-2020.pdf
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 2nd September 2020 at 11:07 AM.

Default Re: Royal Mail has increased postage rates again from 1 September 2020

Just great, that's all we need, a load of editing for the third time this year and with no warning either.
    They have already killed off my trade to the USA on another site with the last huge great price hike !

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

The U.S.A. also has a price increase from October 18th through December 27th

What a pain. Ugghhhhh!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Just great, that's all we need, a load of editing for the third time this year and with no warning either.
    They have already killed off my trade to the USA on another site with the last huge great price hike !

I thought that the increase in prices to the USA was due to the US postal service increase, but perhaps I'm wrong.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I thought that the increase in prices to the USA was due to the US postal service increase, but perhaps I'm wrong.
    U.S. Postal Service Announces Temporary Price Increase
    Increase for Commercial Parcels; Retail Customers Unaffected
    https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nati...e-increase.htm

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    1 July 2020 "As a result of exceptional cost increases outside of our control, we are reluctantly introducing pricing changes for parcels being sent to the USA from 1 July. We are limiting the increase to only recover the costs we are experiencing. "

https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

looking at some of the increases I may start just charging buyers to fly me over 1st class with a week in a 5* resort might be cheaper. Remember too the more the postage the more money paypal will take - so cheap but 'heavy' items wont be worth sending. Great way to help the economy. Strange thing is Large Letters & letters are same price or cheaper to send to US than rest of world but parcels below 1.75kg are more expensive. At 2kg once more it's cheaper to send to US
    Last edited by kodakfish; 4th September 2020 at 08:13 AM.

Thread Information