Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anyone Know How The "Sold" Items Column On The Home Page Works?

Default Anyone Know How The "Sold" Items Column On The Home Page Works?

Replying to another of those "Nothing ever sells on eEbid" comments on the obay boards. I said that they should look at the Sold column on the HP as it gave some sort of running commentary on what had sold that day. Perhaps foolishly I didn't check that statement before saying it.

Looking more closely this morning the listings don't appear to run in chronological order, I'm not sure what is being shown.

Does it in fact show everything that has sold? At the time I mentioned it, it seemed to be showing items sold about 12 hours earlier. This morning it's showing things as "Closed" (Sold?) at 10pm tonight. (???)

Does it only show Seller+Lifetime members sold items? Or just a cross-section of recent sales?

If the person my post was answering comes back and replies, I'd like to have a clearer idea about what exactly it does show, if possible.

BTW. I was very happy to also add in the post that my sales here this year were leading obay 16 / 14. Since then I sold one item there :-(, but here on Friday I sold one and received a question about combined postage as the buyer wanted to buy another. If they do that when they get back from their weekend away the score will be 18 / 15 :-).
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Default Re: Anyone Know How The "Sold" Items Column On The Home Page Works?

The last three items I sold didn't feature on the 'sold' page, but appeared in the 'popular' column....

Could that be because they were items that have sold multiple times rather than one-off items?

TBH I've not taken a lot of notice of the HP columns until recently (discussion about items without photos appearing there). Once or twice I've noticed something I listed has been in the "New" column. I've not looked for my items in the "Sold" column at all because I've assumed that by the time I see the email notification it's often hours after the sale and it would have been and gone.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Yes, you're probably right, all my sales are multi quantity listings

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

All I know is that items do not appear in "Sold Items" unles they sell for £1.00 or more. One quirk seems to be that if an item sells for, say, £1.10 with free postage it might appear in "Sold Items but if it sells for 90p plus 75p postage it definitely will not appear.

Thanks for your comments. Seems to be a bit of a mystery and with Support busy sorting-out re-lists I don't think they need to be bothered at the moment.

If "Sold" is providing a snap-shot, rather than a comprehensive list, it is still showing that stuff IS selling every day and not just stamps and postcards, but quite a variety of other stuff as well.

The person who made the nasty comment hasn't been back with a reply, was possibly someone from their "Dirty Tricks" dept. They weren't a regular.

In future I'll make my replies a bit more vague.

Thread Information