Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good News For the Over 70's

Default Re: Good News For the Over 70's

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, if a concept has no evidence to support it, it is not a theory. People may believe whatever they wish, but if they believe that the world was created in six days, this is not the "Creation Theory" as there is no such thing - it is not possible to find supporting evidence. On the other hand, the reverse is true of the "Theory of Evolution."

There has obviously been little "joined up thinking" when Boris decided to make amendments as though he were speaking for the whole of the UK. I offer the following example:

When I was a student (long before there was a Welsh Senedd) pubs in Wales were always closed on a Sunday. Each county had its own vote on this. As you may know, or at least guess, some pubs straddled the border, so we lads would go to one of these on a Sunday, cross into England and enter the pub from there, buy our drinks on the English side of the pub...and wander into the Welsh side to consume them. Great fun flouting convention!

It has now become better!! Under the latest modifications introduced by Boris, Golf Clubs may now open in England. You can guess what is coming, can't you? Yes! This is not so in Wales! And....(love this one!) BBC found a Club in Shropshire which is now open...but only three holes may be played! The other fifteen are over the border in Wales!! Sorry...I am laughing my head off as I think of it....
    !!
    Last edited by cambrensis; 13th May 2020 at 09:04 PM.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Good News For the Over 70's

I'm glad I am staying indoors and have few visitors.

Local people I know, have reported crowds in local parks with children using the play equipment and others using the outdoor keep fit equipment.

Thread Information