Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Messaging, edit shipping charges on invoices, first impressions from App designer

Default Messaging, edit shipping charges on invoices, first impressions from App designer

I am lifelong software designer and a newbie just now passing 24 hours as a member. Ebid coders might consider observing the work flows used by Ebay they are vastly superior and if Ebid aspires to really compete implement them. Case in point I have an item charging 10.00 shipping, and very first sale they ordered quantity of 2 and Ebid doubled the shipping cost when the items could be combined in the order thus eliminating double whammy for shipping. What makes this worse is being locked out of revising the listing to correct this problem by padding product cost and ship for free. Not being able to adjust shipping cost at invoice, not having automatically consolidated shipping adjustments is bush league. It might be one of the reasons I have NEVER heard of ebid before and I am doing this Internet thing since it started.

I get an email notifying me of a message, where it takes me to a page where I can read the message, but no intuitive way to reply to the message? That is way lame and inexcusable and needs to be corrected immediately. As an end user burning my valuable time trying to figure out how to reply to a customer concern is frustrating.

Here is the exact content of the generated email, "To review or to ask another question click this link" We click on the link go to the page where the messages are listed. . but no way obvious with a click to respond to any of the messages? WAY LAME! There should be a reply button on each message sent. I am on that same page now on one of my 5 monitors writing this post and making sure I am not missing something .. . The messages are all static text. At the writing of this post, I have completed the transaction over an hour ago and still show "Offer Status" of the two offers I received. The logic in this operation should be adjusted to reflect that the transaction has completed. Now I will look forward to wasting my time digging through all the offers I hope to get.

I have paid to be a gold seller or whatever Ebid calls it . .. but they are running adsense feeds on my listing. I want my item to sell and not be mixed in with whatever the google adsense spits out at someone viewing my listing that takes away their focus on my items "BuyNow" Button.

If if were the CTO of Ebid I would DUMP completely this PHP garbage that restricts speedy improvements and alterations to the code base. I would hire a Senior programmer to build a framework to transition to .net

When in Rome, do as the Roman's do and observe what the leader in this vertical is doing and how what they do great try to do the same. As I have left the company based in Santa Clara, the prospect of struggling with an outdated UI here at Ebid, we shall see how sales go.

Only thing I can figure the owners of this operation don't want to spend the money to do it right and instead covet to a model that will always have them in second place or lower to Ebay.
    Last edited by YesHempCBD; 29th April 2020 at 02:22 AM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Messaging, edit shipping charges on invoices, first impressions from App designe

Quote Originally Posted by YesHempCBD View Post
    I am lifelong software designer and a newbie just now passing 24 hours as a member. Ebid coders might consider observing the work flows used by Ebay they are vastly superior and if Ebid aspires to really compete implement them. Case in point I have an item charging 10.00 shipping, and very first sale they ordered quantity of 2 and Ebid doubled the shipping cost when the items could be combined in the order thus eliminating double whammy for shipping. What makes this worse is being locked out of revising the listing to correct this problem by padding product cost and ship for free. Not being able to adjust shipping cost at invoice, not having automatically consolidated shipping adjustments is bush league. It might be one of the reasons I have NEVER heard of ebid before and I am doing this Internet thing since it started.

I get an email notifying me of a message, where it takes me to a page where I can read the message, but no intuitive way to reply to the message? That is way lame and inexcusable and needs to be corrected immediately. As an end user burning my valuable time trying to figure out how to reply to a customer concern is frustrating.

Here is the exact content of the generated email, "To review or to ask another question click this link" We click on the link go to the page where the messages are listed. . but no way obvious with a click to respond to any of the messages? WAY LAME! There should be a reply button on each message sent. I am on that same page now on one of my 5 monitors writing this post and making sure I am not missing something .. . The messages are all static text. At the writing of this post, I have completed the transaction over an hour ago and still show "Offer Status" of the two offers I received. The logic in this operation should be adjusted to reflect that the transaction has completed. Now I will look forward to wasting my time digging through all the offers I hope to get.

I have paid to be a gold seller or whatever Ebid calls it . .. but they are running adsense feeds on my listing. I want my item to sell and not be mixed in with whatever the google adsense spits out at someone viewing my listing that takes away their focus on my items "BuyNow" Button.

If if were the CTO of Ebid I would DUMP completely this PHP garbage that restricts speedy improvements and alterations to the code base. I would hire a Senior programmer to build a framework to transition to .net

When in Rome, do as the Roman's do and observe what the leader in this vertical is doing and how what they do great try to do the same. As I have left the company based in Santa Clara, the prospect of struggling with an outdated UI here at Ebid, we shall see how sales go.

Only thing I can figure the owners of this operation don't want to spend the money to do it right and instead covet to a model that will always have them in second place or lower to Ebay.

Why sell the same item cheaper, or at the same price, on Ebay than here when eBid charges such low fees?

With 7 items still available why suddenly close your items on Ebay saying they are no longer available
    Name:  2.png
Views: 159
Size:  6.4 KB
    yet offer 10 more of them here on eBid? You were doing so well for so long over there.....

You joined eBid, listed an item on the same day, within hours someone else on the other side of America saw your item, joined eBid and bought 2 of them....... odd that instead of celebrating your success, with nominal fees to pay compared to the extortionate fees you are used to paying, that you find such scathing criticisms on your new site within hours of joining.

The Help Button is there for a reason - click it and find out what you need to know.....

eg

43) Shipping Options. Editing and additional shipping for multi purchases.

Finally, I suggest you should not assume that you know what the end objectives of any site are.

Last edited by cheaver; 29th April 2020 at 06:58 AM.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Messaging, edit shipping charges on invoices, first impressions from App designe

At the top of a sold auction you will see the After Sales Log, clicking on the drop down list, it will give you the option to reply [if they've messaged you], send invoice etc.
    Selecting one of these will either open up a dialog box or take you to another page to perform the action.
    If the buyer has sent a message via 'ask the seller a question' , then it will be under your Q&A tab on your My eBid page. These come with a blue reply button.
    Multi buy auctions do have a combined postage option when you list them, but you also have an option to change postage costs when you send an invoice - just click on the add discount bit below the postage costs [ this is a bug bear of mine that you can't just add lower postage price - but rather a discount either as % or local currency.

As to adsense on eBid - I had to use an adblocker on eBay as the ads slowed bidding down too much
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by kodakfish; 5th May 2020 at 12:19 AM.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

When listing an item with a quantity greater then 1 then you should see the "Extra Item" cost option show for both Domestic and Calculated shipping. This is done with a monetary value for FLAT-RATE shipping or with a weight value for CALCULATED shipping.

Alternatively you can use our shipping code system that will allow multiple listings to all use the same shipping combinations including the same "Extra Item" cost system.

eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Am I missing something? The OP is a Buyer. Unless they downgraded their membership status at some point.

You're right! The OP is a buyer, not a seller! Good catch.

I smell a troll, just trying to stir up trouble. From California, U.S.A. We have quite a few troublemakers on our side of the pond.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

So odd. Go figure.

The OP's membership status is Buyer, but the OP has 1 feedback as a Seller. My original question remains: Am I missing something? Whatever the OP's status is, one thing is for sure, their goal seems to be to stir up trouble.

View gonzo45's Feedback (+7467)
    All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Re post 23/5/20 Shipping.

Can this be set to Zero and/or limited to (say) 100 items.

At the moment if I sell 100 "normal" stamps to an overseas customer the invoice will show $350.00 freight charge (Should be $3.50) and I then discount the freight on the invoice to the correct amount. Also I often sell over 100 stamps, if these are "normal" stamps then the discounted postage ($3.50) MAY be ok, But if the buyer orders extra stamps or heavy First Day Covers as well then the postage will need to be increased to cover the extra weight.

So for me the extra item charge would be $0.00 up to the weight allowed by Australia Post but would increase over that weight by a variable amount

OK, extra work for me - But acceptable - However I feel the invoice system may (?) be a worry to (and put off) many buyers of multiple items.
    Last edited by gonzo45; 30th May 2020 at 03:39 AM.

In addition to the points already made, I'll observe that other sites, including the bay, are no better than ebid (and some are worse) when it comes to selling multiple OOAK items with varying sizes, weights, dimensions, and other shipping options. Noting in the listing that customers should ask for an invoice prior to paying for combined shipping is about the only alternative out there - the other "solutions" end up either costing extra for either the customer or the seller.

I do wish that Paypal (or other payment processors) would offer an option to hold the shipping portion of the payment until shipment is confirmed to allow the seller to adjust it to reflect the final amount (similar to how they allow a gratuity to be added to some transactions after the customer's card is validated). Partially refunding shipping after the customer has paid now incurs a fee, no matter what the selling site.

Thread Information