eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sellers - something you might not have thought about yet !

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sellers - something you might not have thought about yet !

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    20th March - news from France - no postal deliveries of any kind will be made.

Yes, just for the one day it seems? To give staff a rest on Saturday. Or have you seen something more permanent Ann?

La Poste staff will not be working tomorrow Saturday, March 21 meaning all its 1,600 post offices will be closed and there will be no postal deliveries made.

The mail company, which has been working at 80% this week, said the day was needed to give staff a rest.
    Services should be back to normal on Monday 23. In a press statement, La Poste said: “The new organisation will be the subject of specific information for postal workers and the general public.”
    The company has taken measures since the beginning of the coronavirus crisis for the staff to avoid contact as much as possible. For mail delivered to your home, the postman leaves it in the mailbox. For any mail requiring a signature, the postman can text you to ask for your authorisation to leave it in the mailbox, or ask you to take a picture of your signature, to avoid direct contact. Online services on laposte.fr and labanquepostale.fr are still accessible.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...loses-tomorrow

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

A comment by a contact in France that all postal deliveries were being suspended.

Maybe she meant for just the one day, but it didn't read like that.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 23rd March 2020 at 09:38 AM.

A comment by a contact in France that all postal deliveries were being suspended.

Maybe she meant for just the one day, but it didn't read like that.
    Suspending completely would make sense! I had another package from China this morning! They need to get the act together!

Cool Re: Sellers - something you might not have thought about yet !

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Suspending completely would make sense! I had another package from China this morning! They need to get the act together!
    I ordered some fabric before all this mayhem began. Had no idea it was coming from China - probably didn't use my eyes. It is due this week so I'm not sure whether to open or dump it. Son says it has been in the system so long that it is probably completely safe.

Royal Mail have an international incident bulletin page so you can check on countries here.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/...ident-bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    Son says it has been in the system so long that it is probably completely safe.

I'm sure he's right. I'm more concerned about more local things by now and was using China as a "shock-horror" motif although what I said was correct. We forget what we have ordered from these far away places and their prices have gone even lower now that fewer are ordering.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

No kidding about getting their act together, yesterday I drove into Lincoln to visit my mum's grave to lay flowers and as usual I took the back roads and came up behind a people carrier with foreign number plates which I suspected to be a region of Italy, it appeared to be new to the country as it was uncertain of where he was going and did not adhere to the road signs or markings, my belief is it had come in on a ferry from Holland to Hull, wish I had dash cam in the car to film it as their appeared to be 3 or four people in the car, did not even have mobile phone with me either, a friend said it could be people fleeing the virus or traffickers. If it had recently come off a ferry why was it not stopped or checked.

It would have had European plates with the Italian marker; mine still has the UK version. If Italian it might have been around for a while as they locked down about two weeks ago. Only essential journeys allowed, etc.- of course this may have been misreported. One problem is, as we know, that this country has not been as strict as most other European countries. I wonder what happens though if somebody touring is already outside his own country when it goes to lockdown.
    Last edited by cambrensis; 23rd March 2020 at 10:46 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Apparently parcels are no longer being accepted by the Post Office for USA, Australia, Italy & Iran.

Apparently parcels are no longer being accepted by the Post Office for USA, Australia, Italy & Iran.

I know there is a problem with Italy but where did you hear about Australia and the USA ? I just looked at the Royal Mail website and can't see anything about it ?

Thread Information