eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sellers - something you might not have thought about yet !

Default Sellers - something you might not have thought about yet !

I've just been to the post office and had to post off a parcel to Germany. The chap in the post office has said they can no longer guarantee the time on overseas parcels. I suppose because of the lack of planes flying at the moment and quarantine restrictions in other countries.
    So if you get an order from overseas it might be good to contact your buyer and remind them that their parcel might take longer in transit !

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sellers - something you might not have thought about yet !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I've just been to the post office and had to post off a parcel to Germany. The chap in the post office has said they can no longer guarantee the time on overseas parcels. I suppose because of the lack of planes flying at the moment and quarantine restrictions in other countries.
    So if you get an order from overseas it might be good to contact your buyer and remind them that their parcel might take longer in transit !

Thanks. I hadn't thought about that and I haven't had any overseas buyers recently. There might be the same problem if you buy from an overseas seller.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

And I have stuff to send to Australia - better contact my son to see if he really needs his new bank card!

I mentioned in another thread (ironically) that I was still receiving post from China. I am surprised that no mention has been made, however, of the possible dangers involved in posting items. It is becoming more and more diffcult to know what to do.

Two young friends of mine have a real problem now. They both work for a large British multinational company. The lady is
    paraplaegic and at high risk. She has permission to stay at home with pay. He is her carer and has been told if he stays at home he will not be paid.

"You will know them by their actions!"

A statement on the Royal Mail site today.

Coronavirus COVID19
    We are actively monitoring this rapidly evolving situation to keep the country information as up to date as possible. We are working with our airline and postal/courier partners across the globe to maintain service and provide updates to our Customers. Customers can expect delays to normal services, on a country by country basis and updates will be posted as soon as they become available.

I am the local old man who has become the "drop-off point" for every courier around! It works like this: If they cannot get a reply at a neighbur's they check to see if my car is here. If it is - I get a knock!
    At the moment I have two very large Amazon packages in my hallway and several smaller ones from the Post Office...I am considering placing masks on all these items....

Ah now it makes sense why we get lumbered with everyone's parcels, we have the only drive on this side of the road, i will move the car tomorrow, i never thought of that, thanks Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Ah now it makes sense why we get lumbered with everyone's parcels, we have the only drive on this side of the road, i will move the car tomorrow, i never thought of that, thanks Cam.
    My pleasure! That's something useful out of my meanderings at least! Just had a new variant, however. Was given a package for 43 this morning and accepted as usual. I just had a knock from the lady at 41..."Sorry you've been bothered! We've been in all day!"

​He had knocked at the wrong door!!! Oh, heck!! Now I have to read the things as well!

Has RM started working through the weekend to keep things moving?

Sold an item here last Friday and posted Saturday morning, 2nd class (9:30 14/3).

Just checked Track and Trace to see if it had arrived yet and it says Delivered on 16/3.

Given RMs usual 2-3 day estimate, I was expecting the earliest delivery to be 17th - 18th and possibly not delivered yet if delayed.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

20th March - news from France - no postal deliveries of any kind will be made.

Thread Information