Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Uk virus alert!!!!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Uk virus alert!!!!

“On hearing ill rumour that Londoners may soon be urged into their lodgings by Her Majesty’s men, I looked upon the street to see a gaggle of striplings making fair merry, and no doubt spreading the plague well about. Not a care had these rogues for the health of their elders!”
    Samuel Pepys Diaries - London 1664

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Me too..I haven't left my home in more than 2 years so was unaware there was anyone outside of the internet...lol
    I'm having the greatest difficulty with my dear lady keeping her in - as a type 2 diabetic and early stage COPD sufferer the NHS have messaged her today telling her to stay in for 12 weeks... I might just have to tie her up...

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I'm having the greatest difficulty with my dear lady keeping her in - as a type 2 diabetic and early stage COPD sufferer the NHS have messaged her today telling her to stay in for 12 weeks... I might just have to tie her up...
    I had a similar response from Billy as he won't have people telling him what to do.

Thankfully, even on lockdown, he can go out every day for some fresh air on his mobility chopper

Name:  36300510_1035107856645507_8281958971288322048_n.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  133.3 KB

I'm getting worried!If I dare to go outside my front door will I be arrested by the phantom police? A few weeks ago I had cause to report an idiot careering around without number plates, etc... and was told there were no police available. This was at school end time...hmmm

Also, if I am arrested by the phantom police for this offence, or others, will there be enough room in the cells to keep prisoners 2m apart?

Ever the cynic,I, but we do know it to be unwise to make threats which cannot be carried out...and we do have a plenitude of idiocy!

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post

Also, if I am arrested by the phantom police for this offence, or others, will there be enough room in the cells to keep prisoners 2m apart?

Ever the cynic,I, but we do know it to be unwise to make threats which cannot be carried out...and we do have a plenitude of idiocy!
    You'd be surprised where these police officers can appear from. They were available to monitor the closing of pubs.

We also call on the army in times such as these. I remember them appearing from no-where to help out when the fire service workers were on strike.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

We also call on the army in times such as these. I remember them appearing from no-where to help out when the fire service workers were on strike.
    So did the RAF. I did it twice.

Not sure if we made things better or worse.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    So did the RAF. I did it twice.

Not sure if we made things better or worse.

OOOh! I was living in Gosport in Hampshire at the time and there weren't a lot of RAF there. Mostly it was matelots and squaddies

You'd be surprised where these police officers can appear from. They were available to monitor the closing of pubs.

We also call on the army in times such as these.....

That's the "phantom police" to which I was referring, I suspect!

As for the army ... they may well appear to help the reopening of pubs...

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have learnt today there is a case of the virus in Yeovil Hospital, took 3hrs for ambulance to appear, & now the poor wife is housebound, But she feels may be because of the crushing in Tescos, they took her thermometer, & someone is coming to deep clean her house, but she scared stiff as she is opn her own

Its frightening whats happening.

Also on Monday 2 school age boys were spotted walking down the road looking at phones when they should have been home with school work a police acar driver spotted them & walked them back home this was in our village, so hopefully they will think next time

I had a similar response from Billy as he won't have people telling him what to do.

Thankfully, even on lockdown, he can go out every day for some fresh air on his mobility chopper

Name:  36300510_1035107856645507_8281958971288322048_n.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  133.3 KB
    Ah, glady you've found something to keep him happy - I've persuaded Mandy now's the time to replan our garden and replace everything that needs replacing - we had a pleasant afternoon out there in the sun with more to come...

Thread Information