Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Uk virus alert!!!!

Default Re: Uk virus alert!!!!

I've now heard it all...the logic, that is!

I went into the local town to "stockpile" Harri's treats this morning.

As usual, shopping done, I went into the small shopping mall to visit the local "Wimpy" bar for coffee and an "all-day" breakfast. One customer asked another why little Johnnie was with her. Her reply? "I kept him off school because of the virus, so I had to keep him occupied somehow..."

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    I've now heard it all...the logic, that is!

I went into the local town to "stockpile" Harri's treats this morning.

As usual, shopping done, I went into the small shopping mall to visit the local "Wimpy" bar for coffee and an "all-day" breakfast. One customer asked another why little Johnnie was with her. Her reply? "I kept him off school because of the virus, so I had to keep him occupied somehow..."

On the other hand, there was little old me, over 70, high risk, thought I had to stay in! Or have I started too soon, heaven forbid! If so, I'm out tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    On the other hand, there was little old me, over 70, high risk, thought I had to stay in! Or have I started too soon, heaven forbid! If so, I'm out tomorrow!

Well, as I wandered around there appeared to be more in the "high risk" group out shopping than any other. Either you go out to collect medication or you allow a man in a van to go from door to door....hmmm!

As for being on a "war footing" as I heard a little earlier from a well-known politician - that is ludicrous! If we were in a real shooting war and needed 5000 tanks, they'd stop factories turning out drawing pins and set them to making - tanks! Currently there is a shortage of ventilators, we are told - Get on with it, then, for heaven's sake!

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

A "touch" of light relief.... how to wash hands.....

https://youtu.be/KpL45M-ON_U

A "touch" of light relief.... how to wash hands.....https://youtu.be/KpL45M-ON_U
    Great fun! Wish I could do that! Currently I am having great difficulty washing only one hand! My left is still receiving regular dressings after Harri's bite the other week!
    This is impossible to video! Everyone should try, though....a one-handed washing technique...

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Great fun! Wish I could do that! Currently I am having great difficulty washing only one hand! My left is still receiving regular dressings after Harri's bite the other week!
    This is impossible to video! Everyone should try, though....a one-handed washing technique...
    Suggestion: put plastic bag over left hand to keep it dry but still leave it mobile enough to wash your other hand.....

Suggestion: put plastic bag over left hand to keep it dry but still leave it mobile enough to wash your other hand.....
    Thanks! I am able to use the fingertips of the left to sort of wash the right...however, I cannot wash the left! Perhaps should call the emergency services.

You are an older senior citizen and you can no longer take care of yourself and need Long Term Care, but the government says there is no Nursing Home care available for you, what do you do?You may opt for Medicare Part G.

The plan gives anyone 75 or older a gun (Part G for gun) and one bullet. You may then shoot one worthless politician of either side.

This means you will be sent to prison for the rest of your life where you will receive three meals a day, a roof over your head, central heating and air conditioning, cable TV, a library, and all the health care you need.

Need new teeth? No problem. Need glasses? That’s great. Need a hearing aid, new hip, knees, kidney, lungs, sex change, or heart? They are all covered!

As an added bonus, your kids can come and visit you at least as often as they do now !

And, who is paying for all of this? The same government that just told you they can’t afford for you to go into a nursing home; plus, you get rid of a useless politician while you are at it.

And now, because you are a prisoner, you don’t have to pay taxes. Is this a great country or what !

Now that you have solved your senior Long-Term Care problem, enjoy the rest of the week !

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    You are an older senior citizen and you can no longer take care of yourself and need Long Term Care, but the government says there is no Nursing Home care available for you, what do you do?You may opt for Medicare Part G.

The plan gives anyone 75 or older a gun (Part G for gun) and one bullet. You may then shoot one worthless politician of either side.
    Love_to_stitch...This had me in stitches! Beautifully phrased, too! Thanks!!

Thread Information