Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: So i decided to see if Ebid had grown any! Has it?

Default So i decided to see if Ebid had grown any! Has it?

I started using Ebid at the start of Jan 2018 after being told to try it

I had sales now and then which i expected from a site no one had heard of even though it had been around for years but those sales were still sales which is always good

Sadly I had started eBay not long after and within a short period of time ebid was totally forgotten which is a pity

I decided to come back and try it again in the hopes the site had gained some popularity, I even thought about paying for the seller + but from what i can tell its still the same site with maybe a small increase in business, I did think with eBays latest changes etc sites like this would gain a large influx of business but the registration probably isn't helping

I did hope some things would have been changed by now -

There's no branded supplies anymore like the Tape in the past - A clear thing any business should spend on to get the name out there and i'm sure all sellers would love to send their items with branded tape, boxes etc
    The registration is from what I've been told still god awful with most buyers being confused thinking they need to pay £49 to register - This must be losing a ton of people joining
    I have seen no advertising anywhere

Its clear that this year many sellers and buyers are looking for alternative sites especially after last years issues with sites like eBay

So anyway I'm back to try again already started listing some items and my questions are -
    1. It does look like people are selling more, how is it working for you
    2. Will it be worth upgrading to seller + and is the importing from eBay simple and straight forward
    3. Will we ever see branded packing materials? The power of branded packing is amazing for generating business

So anyway good luck all on your sales and lets hope the site grows this year

Default Re: So i decided to see if Ebid had grown any! Has it?

Welcome back. I remember you, in fact I was wearing a pair of earrings that I bought from you only last weekend !

eBid has been ticking over for me in the last year. January this year however was quite busy and this month so far has been great. I seem to have been visiting the P.O. with eBid parcels most days this month. I don't know what has happened, if there is some advertising going on somewhere or if people are just so relieved that Brexit has happened that they are spending again ?!

In answer to question two I think it is well worth upgrading as all I pay is a 2% fvf for using a 'gallery' listing so you soon recoup the fee as your profits are higher. I can't answer the bit about importing as haven't done that.

Question three only management can answer.

Thanks for the reply

Glad you like the Earrings

Good to see your sales are going well

I will probably upgrade this weekend and hopefully enjoy selling on here like I did

Quote Originally Posted by HaggisLover View Post
    Thanks for the reply

Glad you like the Earrings

Good to see your sales are going well

I will probably upgrade this weekend and hopefully enjoy selling on here like I did
    Although my sales have not been spectacular since I joined Ebid, I found it the best marketplace to list my items with the super low fees and ability to have one or more stores. Have any sellers got more great success stories ?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like Cornishmaid, I've been selling steadily here for years - when I joined I sold next to nothing but it is better now.

However, recently I've started to find things I wanted to buy! Now there's a change!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I've never upgraded to seller+ and apart from my first year here (entirely through my own lack of understanding of the site) have had a continuous trickle of sales every year.

That might not seem too good, but I look at it this way.

In the Collectables category I mostly list in, Obay has at least twelve times the number of listings at any one time and overall has at least ten times the overall listings to help attract buyers to their site. So I should have sold ten times as many items there, as here. I haven't, a guestimate of my sales here is between 50 - 60. My sales there, about 350. Despite having a far bigger audience and my paying far higher fees ostensibly so they can advertise.

For the first time ever, my sales here are numerically higher than over there. Both in the last couple of months of 2019 and so far this year.

Some come from notes in parcels after a sale there, presumably, most of the others from google shopping.

Yes, I've been disappointed that the deteriorating situation for small sellers on obay, coupled with their rubbish search which actively discriminates against one-off, slow selling items, hasn't led to other sellers in my area setting up shop here.

Yes, there could be some improvements to this site that I think would lead to more sales spreading across the site.

But I think that my regular activity, plus a slowly increasing number of listings has led to slowly increasing sales, certainly as a proportion of my total overall sales on-line and I definitely think that trend will continue.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information