Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid Tape?

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    I put a BP Bid on but would like to actually buy right now
    There is nothing to stop you buying..... There are 2 tape listings up.... One is for cash.
    Rather a lot of money though for a cheap roll of tape needing a sponge and some water!

.ooopsies, the cash tape has been withdrawn..... speaks volumes....

Last edited by cheaver; 14th July 2021 at 02:28 PM.

That tape has changed - the photo is different. It did not have a strapline, now it does and its printed in two colours which is more expensive to produce.

Not sure why they did not buy a vinyl tape printed in one colour? From a quick bit of research I did weeks ago you could get I think 360 rolls for just over £600+VAT (£2 a roll) - obviously larger orders gave big savings on that price. I did not spend a lot of time researching that so there could be far better deals to be had?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenwonders View Post
    That tape has changed - the photo is different. It did not have a strapline, now it does and its printed in two colours which is more expensive to produce.

Not sure why they did not buy a vinyl tape printed in one colour? From a quick bit of research I did weeks ago you could get I think 360 rolls for just over £600+VAT (£2 a roll) - obviously larger orders gave big savings on that price. I did not spend a lot of time researching that so there could be far better deals to be had?
    You did better than me, found one site that would do 360 rolls with logo etc.. for £1.99 a roll working out at £716.40 not including VAT.

I think the cheaper option if I went down that route, would be to buy clear parcel tape, print up some narrow strips of paper with the logo and wording and attach to each parcel.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe going down the ecological line because the vinyl tape cannot be recycled, my recycling bins specify no envelopes and when recycling cardboard to remove all staples and tape.

Just wish we could have a general rule across the country regarding recycling but that is another subject!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joynes1521 View Post
    Maybe going down the ecological line because the vinyl tape cannot be recycled, my recycling bins specify no envelopes and when recycling cardboard to remove all staples and tape.

Just wish we could have a general rule across the country regarding recycling but that is another subject!!!!
    Totally agree on that one. Some vinyls are recyclable, some are not, some coffee cups are - some are not, some coffee cup lids are- some are not... etc etc.
    I'm even told some glass cannot be recycled and is crushed to put under roads - why???

I recently threw a plastic chicken blister container in recycling only to have the complete bin rejected - Why? Because I had left the small (about 6cm x 2cm) piece of paper/plastic which soaks up the blood in the bottom - not recyclable I'm told! They told me by way of a wrap around vinyl label that they spent 30 seconds wrapping around the bin handle!!! What a waste of time, money and resources. Never have I seen more contradictory nonsense.

I'm all for recycling - I mean during the lockdown things, like rivers, air felt and looked much cleaner and wildlife was thriving the only issue is a large percentage of the items these days are made by a certain country who couldn't give too hoots about recyclable plastics etc

Thread Information