Thread: Buyer is getting wrong information on my listings

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer is getting wrong information on my listings

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    ............ I can't see what's going on, of course. Only what I entered in the listings, not what happens at the other end............

Is the link correct for the logo in your forum signature?

ie Name:  33.png
Views: 118
Size:  16.3 KB

When I click on it I get this:

Name:  tt.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  25.2 KB

That's the logo I use on eBid. Nothing has changed. I just went to My eBid and checked EVERY SINGLE panel on three differen stamp listings. Everything is correct.

I have made sales recently, but all of them were to U.S. buyers.

I contacted support, they sent a screen shot showing the error. I replied with a picture of the edit mode page showing the options. Both "Europe" AND "United Kingdom" are checked, and always have been.

They hinted the problem with the Canada member is that I have Canada checked, but not North America. Delivery to Mexico is problematic. Maybe I'll try chainging that.

They have not answered yet.

Your signature banner and also your stamp shop link need to have the url updated, the other three are alright, it probably stems from when Google made their security changes some time ago. At the moment those two links give an 'unsecure' message as Cheaver has said.

Have you pointed out to support that it is the 'international letter post' that seems to be the problem ? Your parcel post items are still showing the postage fine in the U.K.

Tia, I'm seeing the same as Becky. Your stamps and postcards give me the 'not available to Canada' message, but I just checked a piece of china and everything looked to be fine.

I sent another message to Technical Support on Friday, reporting that members from both Canada and the UK reported that only first Class letters appear to be affected by this glitch. That was over the weekend, of course, so I didn't get a response until this morning,

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your reply.

Please advise the listing ID of the items you refer to along with the shipping destination not showing and we will assist.

It will look similar to this example : 179621333

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

Sigh. I checked, that particlular listing ID doesn't exist, I guess they use it only as an illustration.

So . . . I would really appreciate it if each of you who checked would post the listing ID for one stamp or postcard, and one item that would be shipped as a parce
    l?

Item number 142789731

USPS First Class Mail Intl Letters 0lb 2oz BA1 6HR = Not Available
    US$0.50 (£0.38) handling fee included.

Item number 142789656

USPS First-Class Package Intl Service 0lb 10oz BA1 6HR = US$25.00 (£18.82)
    US$1.00 (£0.75) handling fee included.

Unhappy Re: Buyer is getting wrong information on my listings

I checked the URLs I have entered on My eBid. These URLs are copied directly from the page. I have no idea what I should change there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tias Treasures, which appears to be working:

1. Tias Treasures (Online) (707)
    https://stores.ebid.net/tias-treasures

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tias Stamp Shop, which appears to be in trouble:

2. Tias Stamp Shop (Online) (5594)
    https://stores.ebid.net/tias-stamp-shop

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Wow! That was fast. I'm shooting these out to Support right away.

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I checked the URLs I have entered on My eBid. These URLs are copied directly from the page. I have no idea what I should change there.

Tias Treasures, which appears to be working:

1. Tias Treasures (Online) (707)
    https://stores.ebid.net/tias-treasures

Tias Stamp Shop, which appears to be in trouble:

2. Tias Stamp Shop (Online) (5594)
    https://stores.ebid.net/tias-stamp-shop

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Yes those are working fine. You now need to go to settings at the top of the page and then 'Edit signature'. Highlight your banner so it turns blue then click on the little 'world' icon in the tool box and replace what is there with your first url. Then highlight your stamp store until it turns blue and click on the world icon and put in your stamp store url. Then click save at the bottom of the page. That should update your signature.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Tia,

We've spent a couple of hours investigating this and from what we can ascertain USPS are no longer returning to us values for USPS FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL LETTERS.

We can see values for USPS FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL LARGE ENVELOPES being returned on your listings but as you don't have this as an option then it is not showing on your listings. The cost is showing as $3.39 for a 2oz large enevelope.

USPS have not made any indication of the retirement of the LETTERS option or the merging of the two methods so we will continue to investigate. It could even be USPS servers having a bit of a hiccup at the moment.

If it is a permanent change to USPS systems then we will upgrade all current listings and remove the LETTERS option. In the meantime you can run a bulk edit on all your stamps and add LARGE ENVELOPE as a second option perhaps?

Thanks,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information