Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Wow! The Best!!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Wow! The Best!!!

I have had the privilege of encountering many great buyers on eBid! But I am positive now that I have encountered the best!

I'm sure there are many sincere sellers on eBid and beyond, who have made a sale but could not locate the item. It feels like a nightmare. It is so embarrassing to have to tell the buyer that you can not find their paid for item.

Well, I could not find my buyer's promptly paid for item that came with great communication. Note: I no longer accept Payal, so sales are harder to attract. All I could think was "Oh no" "Why did this have to happen with this sale."

I explained what happened to my buyer, and planned to issue a refund. The buyer responded in ASL for me to keep the payment and send back nothing. Could not believe what I read, but also could not keep a payment for an item I did not send. So I issued a full refund and buyer's related expenses.

Today, I found missed email from buyer, that expanded on the ASL message. Buyer told me I could keep payment, or donate the payment. All I could say was wow! That email took a missed opportunity for a sale to a higher level.

The most incredible thing the buyer said was "things happen".

I will plan to donate the proceeds to my favorite charity.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Wow! The Best!!!

Wow! That's above and beyond!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forwarded invoice proceeds as a donation to Samaritans Purse, "Where Needed Most"

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

What a lovely person. I had the opposite , I thought I had paid for an item and was waiting for it. Went into hospital and forgot. Came home to find my card hadn’t been updated and the seller hadn’t been paid. A lovely negative feedback from them

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear that. Have you tried letting the seller know what happened? Feedback can be changed. I have been in similar situation with a buyer, where they were in the hospital. I was glad I moved slowly in the situation with payment requests. They ended up being a good repeat buyer, but I always had to take their health status into consideration.

Have also experienced situations with sellers, where I was asked to not complete a sales transaction that would have caused a significant loss of revenue on their part. I agreed as they were new to the site, and did not yet understand the bidding and buying patterns here. I do not do this in every case, but I sensed this was a quality seller who would use the break wisely. They did, and went on to price their listings in an appropriate manner.

Being both a seller and a buyer helps to understand challenges that face both parties in the transaction.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello ,
    Yes , I have written 4 emails and still no answer

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    What a lovely person. I had the opposite , I thought I had paid for an item and was waiting for it. Went into hospital and forgot. Came home to find my card hadn’t been updated and the seller hadn’t been paid. A lovely negative feedback from them

That's only natural as they were not to know you had gone into hospital and would have had to go through the non paying buyer process to get their fee back which includes leaving appropriate feedback. They also waited for 25 days before leaving you a negative so to leave them one in return does seem rather harsh.

I would send a PM to the seller as they still use the eBid forums occasionally and explain to them exactly what happened. You could offer to send payment now if they still have the item.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cornishmaid is quite observant, and her advice is right on. Hope that things can be worked out Mrsandman between you and the seller. It might ease some of the tension if you changed the sellers negative feedback before contacting them.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Forwarded invoice proceeds as a donation to Samaritans Purse, "Where Needed Most"
    Yes... Samaritans Purse.

Thread Information