Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Slimline dishwashers. Personal experience only, please.

Default Slimline dishwashers. Personal experience only, please.

Does anyone own one? There are usually two of us which will be fine; how do they fare when there are visitors? Do they need several stackings?

Have Googled, so personal knowledge only, please.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Slimline dishwashers. Personal experience only, please.

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post

Does anyone own one? There are usually two of us which will be fine; how do they fare when there are visitors? Do they need several stackings?

Have Googled, so personal knowledge only, please.
    We don't have a slimline dishwasher but we do have a small counter top one which does very well with the two of us. Yes you would need several stackings. In our case we don't have the space for an under counter one even a slimline. We don't find this a problem but I suppose it depends how often you have visitors. In our case, we had no choice as I explained and a small dishwasher is better than none at all.

Thank you, Tony.

OH is the main dishwasher and he doesn't mind doing them. It is really when the family comes over that I would like to be able to at least get all the plates in a slimline, if possible.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Spoken to no1 son who had one in his previous house - If you decide to buy one, take a dinner plate with you to try for size - his wouldn't take his dinner plates. Otherwise, it was great.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I live alone but find it of great use, especially after cooking or baking and the back is complaining. Usually they tell you how many place setting they will hold, I think mine is 8 or 9 I still wash those items that cannot be put into the dishwasher, but sometimes just put things in and wait intil I have a full load before switching on if nothing needs to be washed by hand.

I am on my second Hotpoint slimline and would not be without it, first one lasted over ten years, only replaced it because I moved house and it would have been to much hassle to remove. The present one does a half load so ideal when I am preserving, put my jars in to wash before putting them in the oven to sterilze.

I bought my first one when when having a kitchen refit and working 12 hours shifts but would not be without one now.

Thank you Babushka and Madelaine for your very helpful replies.
    There are usually only two of us so that wouldn't be a problem, but I would really like to be able to put it to use when the families are over. I guess the pots and pans can be washed by hand.
    Madelaine, that is such a good tip re the plate. Ours are very big. However, I have thought of replacing them with ones which would fit into a new microwave. Ours is massive with loads of functions. Only one is used - the 30 second one.
    Lovely to be having a new kitchen, but just need to make sure we get it right.
    Thanks, again.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't have a slimline dishwasher but wouldn't be without the one we do have, especially when OH has been cooking!

I can put everything in the dishwasher and clean up the worktops - done. And there's only the 2 of us!

Thread Information