eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There was a phone call to my parents...

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: There was a phone call to my parents...

Try keeping a whistle by the phone for scam callers, I was pestered all day a couple of years ago, finally I dug out my old whistle from work and blew it down the receiver, there was a rustle of papers and silence from then on, bet the ears weres still ringing when the head set was thrown off.

There was a programme on channel 5 a couple of weeks ago about nuisance calls which was quite interesting, it said it had closed several call centres down in Wales and police were shown listening to tapes including the ones telling people they could get a free boiler replacement if they had an old one, I had several callers regarding this and would tell them the only old boiler in my house was me, they soon put the phone down.

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    Try keeping a whistle by the phone for scam callers, I was pestered all day a couple of years ago, finally I dug out my old whistle from work and blew it down the receiver, there was a rustle of papers and silence from then on, bet the ears weres still ringing when the head set was thrown off.
    That's rather mean. You're harming the unfortunate person on minimum wage or a fraction of a rupee per day, not the boss, whereas your priority should be to close the business down or waste their time so much that it becomes unprofitable.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a fascinating thread. What a pity it is in the wrong forum section. Please move it to a more aoppropriate section e.g Kitchen Table

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    This is a fascinating thread. What a pity it is in the wrong forum section. Please move it to a more aoppropriate section e.g Kitchen Table
    Presumably only Tracey can do that. If you feel strongly enough about it, maybe you can PM him/her and describe how to do it. First time poster though, so be gentle!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information